Kin Hoy Festival Cha-am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Kin Hoy Festival Cha-am

Post by Big Boy »

Drove up to Cha-Am for the opening concert of the Kin Hoy Festival last night. I've been to several free concerts in Hua Hin since moving to Thailand, but I've never seen an audience so motivated here in Thailand as the one watching Thanapon Intharit. I've never seen Cha-Am so busy (maybe a little too busy at times), and the atmosphere was fantastic.

The setting in the ampitheatre as you drive towards the beach beach was perfect, and the weather was just right for such an event. The concerts are on for another 8 nights:

Sept 9 – Sathean Tummue
Sept 10 – Ag Girakorn
Sept 11 – Vespa R Siam
Sept 12 – Kluai Stamp
Sept 13 – Jukkajun Wanvisa
Sept 14 – Super Valentine
Sept 15 – Eaign Kwan Waranya
Sept 16 – Asia R Siam

Unfortunately, we only took a couple of snaps, but here's one of them:
DSC08241b.JPG
Plenty of good food available, and alcohol was flowing freely (not for me - I was driving) - a good night. We may go again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Kin Hoy Festival Cha-am

Post by Takiap »

Oh, it's a music festival :oops: , and here I was thinking this should have been in night crawlers. :wink:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Re: Kin Hoy Festival Cha-am

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: Actually, I think it's a seafood festival, but it's the 'free' concerts that attracted us. With 2 young granddaughters, they nag us to take them to anything with popular music. :D

Having said that, this was by far the best concert I've been to in Thailand, but I've never experienced either the Jazz Festival or the (I think it's called) Honda Party on the Beach. Audiences that I've seen at 19 Rai concerts are normally comatised. Last night's audience was very animated, and it made the whole thing more enjoyable.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18