Crawfords Cha Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
duan

Post by duan »

We used to drink Guinness and port on hockey tours many years ago and can concur that it is an excellent drink
justluvfun
Novice
Novice

expensive and very average

Post by justluvfun »

I've been to Crawfords ( Cha-am ) many times now - but now I do not go there any more, the drinks are twice the price of any other restaurant in Cha-am and it seems their billing system has many faults. The food is way basic and overated as far as I'm concerned and the lamb is mutton and grissle, cheaper in the UK.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Crawfords Cha Am and Crawfords Hua Hin are not part of the same business. Kenny and John are however very good friends and decided to benefit from a symbiotic relationship. John's surname is 'Crawford' and it just so happens it is Kennys middle name!
www.35mmview.com
skandii
Amateur
Amateur

Post by skandii »

Great bar, great food, I go often with the wife.
smile and smile till u cry
Burger
Ace
Ace

Re: expensive and very average

Post by Burger »

I've been to Crawfords ( Cha-am ) many times now - but now I do not go there any more, the drinks are twice the price of any other restaurant in Cha-am

Not true. A few Baht more expensive maybe for a comparable restaurant, but much better surroundings and service (and they speak English) than other Cha Am places.
The food is way basic and overated
Can't agree, the portions are large, food is good quality and very good value.

Burger
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Have to agree with Burger.

The overall ambience and quality is far better than anywhere else around.

I think it's reasonable to pay a bit extra for something special.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

The pricing in both places is no more than expected for establishments of that standard and way under the often inferior chain hotel bars like the Hilton.

Try checking out similar type establishments in Pattaya, Patong and Bangkok and then you will find out what overcharging is all about.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
paultiger12
Novice
Novice

Post by paultiger12 »

Are Crawfords Hua-hin or Cha-am doing Christmas dinner? If they are, how do you book a table?

Thanks

Paul
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

kellyt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kellyt »

Ok just a few things I would like to comment on. First the web site, it is not finished and it is not very good, but it does give you contact details and where Crawford’s is located. The real web site is nowhere near finished as the creator is very busy and this is the first time designing a website. :( The reason it is ‘plugged’ is because this forum is about places to go out, offering a service to the community etc…
As for the negative review on Crawford’s well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the people who are looking for somewhere different should take a look (if they can find it) for themselves.
As for Christmas and New Year yes they are taking bookings but I am not sure if they are already fully booked for Christmas day try them on 0066 324 71774

Happy Christmas :cheers:
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Kelly, I'm quite surprised that you didn't pick up on "Randys" suggestion that your fathers surname was "Crawford?"

As for the Bar/restaurant....One of, if not. The finest in Cha-am. :wink:
¼Ã
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Ken »

Second Anniversary party at Crawfords Cha Am this Friday. Sure to be a good night.

Many congratulations to John, Janet and all the staff and every best wishes for the future.

Ken

P.S. Also very nice review of Crawfords Cha Am in this month's Big Chilli (Hua Hin edition).
kellyt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kellyt »

Dear only me,

I decided to ignore Randy’s mistake as I found it amusing...

Thank you for your kind comments and I’ll pass them on when I next talk to daddy.
Would love to know what you think of the new web site, unfortunately due to my novice status I can not give you the link so just type in crawfordschaam . com

Wishing you a happy New Year. x
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

kellyt wrote: unfortunately due to my novice status I can not give you the link
One easy way around that, post a little more in other threads, not just to advertise your father's business! :wink:

Seriously, though, links by any members other than sponsors are supposed to be for information purposes, not for advertising purposes. Perhaps it might be a good idea for Crawford's Cha-am to consider having a look at HHAD's media kit? :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
kellyt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kellyt »

Sorry I guess once I read people were having problems finding Crawford’s and the ones who did were all talking about it enough to warrant its own forum I did not think of it as advertising but as giving them the information. :(

I tend not to comment on other areas that I know little about (unusual for a girl I know), but who knows maybe you have just unleashed me and have given me the confidence to post my opinions on all the other subjects…. Watch out hua hin the world according to Kelly could be about to hit you!! :guns: