Jings Guesthouse

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Jings Guesthouse

Post by richard »

The knives are really out for me Eh!

I know this is the wrong thread to say it but I will anyway.

I'm not a cheap charlie
I pay for what I feel like, providing it is visible there up front
I'm sick of the SJ's of this world (forum) not addressing what point I am trying to make and go into their sneaky dig dig mode. Kindergarten style :rant:

:offtopic:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

As a neutral myself Richard, but must say that this is an odd thread to put that rant on.

Resolve dissolves in alcohol
jamesreid
Novice
Novice

Post by jamesreid »

I will be coming to Hua Hin for my 3rd time in April for 5 nights and havent found a place to stay yet.

i have been looking at 2 places: Jings and Avenue!

can anyone give me any more details on the 2 places? any information would be helpful.

location? price? food? wifi?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Luc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Luc »

After the very good critics, I go there in November.
See you
samman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by samman »

We ate there the other night - watching life (?) on the soi. Green curry and sweet and sour. The food was fine. But I lost count of the number of times Jing asked if the food was ok! (she'd cooked it herself). Still better that than being ignored! Nice lady.
Mandm
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mandm »

Luc wrote:After the very good critics, I go there in November.
See you
im there late oct till 18 nov....... see you there for a beer luc if your dates are the same same.(i booked jings on reccomendation of this forum)
Hotspur
Novice
Novice

Post by Hotspur »

I have booked a room for all of February, after finding their homepage and understanding that the location is excellent. I sent my girlfriend (she's from HH) there to check out the rooms and she did not complained about anything after seeing the rooms. Looking forward to stay there even more now, after reading this thread:) We stayed 2 weeks in King's Homestay, now in September, but I got a better monthly price at Jing's (high season) and thinks that the location is absolutely perfect (in between my favorite bars Papayita and Papillon). Nevertheless I can highly recommend King's Homestay too, a very nice and special place!
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I see that Jings have upgraded their web site now they have the Mews also, very good it looks as well.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

I stayed in the Fenny Foo mews in July and they're really nice rooms well off the road and really peaceful. They have thier own entrance/exit too which can be useful sometimes if you don't like too many folks to see your "comings and goings" 8)
Howay the Lads!!!!
Acadian450

Post by Acadian450 »

I stayed at Jings in Oct 2011 just for two nights, it was great, the staff are wonderfull and they did laugh when I woke up one morning with three women in my bed but it was all in fun! Make sure you buy them(staff) a few drinks, they deserve them putting up with all us farangs!
norma8046
Novice
Novice

Post by norma8046 »

It will be my first time in Thailand and have been considering travelling to Hua Hin and staying at Jings.

I will be on my own........thinking of doing some volutary work in Thailand. I am a mature English woman.........but not a crusty!!

Would staying at Jings be a good introduction to Thailand does anyone think?

Also, anyone know if they give reductions if you want to stay for a few months?

Also, is Hua Hin a safe place to stay?

Many thanks for any information.

For the voluntary work I am looking to teach English in a school connected to a Wat.

Any views on this?
Acadian450

Post by Acadian450 »

Hi Norman, I never had any fear in Hua Hin as long as you stay in the central part of town, the area where Jings is. I would talk to them about staying long time, I was going to stay there when I was taking my TESOL course which is a month and they were willing to negotiate. I ended up taking the course in Bangkok though. They are great people and there is a steady flow of visitors going through so you always have someone to chat with, mostly men though I am afraid! They are in high season about now so I am not sure how flexible they can be on price. However the prices are already reasonable.

Finding a volunteer job seems to be a pain. I found that if you search in google under volunteer for free in Thailand some stuff comes up. I have a position starting in January with ISSARA, it is o n the WEB in NongKhai. There are a few other that come up but none of them replied to me when I wrote. WIth Issara it is teaching English. TOday though I found I have a paying job in Bangkok so I have a dilema. You can teach at a Wat but all the ones I found want you to pay and some of the fees are quuite hefty. I love to volunteer but I hate to pay some third party for the honor of doing it.

That is my two cents, feel free to PM me. I have spent a lot of time looking at volunteer work and there are actually public school with no english resources who would love a volunteer, you just have to find them.

Anyway good luck.

Barry
norma8046
Novice
Novice

Post by norma8046 »

Hey, thanks for the reply Barry........how do I pm you?

I think that maybe Hua Hin is not the best place for me to find voluntary work, as it's probably too touristy.

I am certainly not paying an extortionate amount of money just for the privilege of volunteering.

I am new to this site so not sure how to pm people.

If I can pm you, I could go into more detail, without boring others. I wanted to ask you a few more things ...............

Thanks

Norma - no "N" on the end!!

PS. I have no Tefl/celta certificate, but have a little tefl experience...................I could ask you about that as well, if it's ok?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Norma,

For security reasons, PMs are not enabled until members have made 10 posts.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18