Jings Guesthouse

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Jings Guesthouse

Post by margaretcarnes »

Hi Norma - first - as a 'mature' woman who lived in HuaHin I can assure you that you will be fine in the Jings area. Night time it is right on the main drag area which can be a bit noisy and flashy, but it is well placed for getting to the Night Market area for example. There is also a small cluster of little eateries opposite the Railway Station and just along the station road which are quiet, reasonably priced, and very friendly, and where you should find some of the longer term expats.

But the voluntary work issue interests me as well and I think is worthy of a separate thread so I'll start one now.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
norma8046
Novice
Novice

Post by norma8046 »

Thanks for that Margaret............looks like I will have to keep posting..............seems that the gulf of Thailand is too popular to get any voluntary work. I wouldn't mind visiting the place though...seems to have a lot going for it.

Main voluntary orgs I have found on the internet are workaway, helpx and wwoofing..........workaway and helpx might be a better option for me......but I was hoping to be able to combine it with a few swims along the way. Also away from the tourism places accommodation is cheaper as well. With the workaway and helpx, they usually provide accommodation so I have to factor that into it as well. You can have a look at those.
Basically I am looking to find some kind of work so that I can extend my stay and do something worthwhile as well, apart from lounge around all the time.

How do you find the humidity over there........has it been a problem? Obviously if one has A/C it is not such a big problem. Have been in Greece when it was 45 degrees before and had to have A/C then, but not all the time. Just wondered how I would get on.

Oh - what's the beach like at Hua Hin?

Thanks

Norma
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

The beach in HH is really nothing to write home about to be honest! the stretch North of the fishing pier is limited in terms of hpw far you can walk that way, because a Royal residence has a private stretch which is out of bounds. Going South - OK once you get past the big hotels. Can be affected often by debris washing up - jelly fish sometimes - and HuaHin is unusual in having horses on the central part of the beach. Overall not considered good for swimming. There are hotel pools which can be used by non residents - hopefully some of the others can help you with that info.
The humidity never used to bother me too much until around April time - peak heat usually. If you can handle temps of 45 in Greece Thailand shouldn't be a problem. Humidity in Thailand obviously tends to feel worse during rainy season, but it's a bit cooler then anyway. I arrive back there again next week and don't expect any problem with adjusting to the temps again quickly, and avoid aircon whenever possible.
Work wise - the new topic on voluntary work already has a fair few comments on the official situation there which is well worth looking at!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You still get that tingly feeling in your stomach Mags when you're close to arriving back? I still do and I can't explain it given the amount of ranting I do about many things here. Must be black magic! :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
muse
Rookie
Rookie

Post by muse »

I recently stayed in one of the rooms in the Fenny Foo Mews, they were very clean and quiet, definelty stay there for my next visit, As always Jing and the staff were always helpful and ask Jing to cook a Green Curry, Defo the best i've had.
jazzhawk0
Novice
Novice

Post by jazzhawk0 »

stayed there for 3 weeks oct-nov last year and loved it.Would recommend,mind you Jings is a bit absent minded sometimes