ANANTARA . WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Betts
Novice
Novice

Post by Betts »

HOPEFULLY VISITING ANANTARA IN AUGUST. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A GOOD CHOICE LIKE 5* QUITE HOTELS BUT NOT TOO FAR FROM LIFE. WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE NOW. IS THE SEA SWIMABLE AT THE HOTEL. :?: :) [/u][/b]
:-)
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Hi, welcome to the board!
I have never stayed at Anantara but from what I've seen of the place its definately 5*, beautiful reception area. Its located around 3-4km out of town so you'll need to get taxis into Hua Hin.

Its rainy season now, so the mornings are fine and we usually get a daily downpour at 4-5pm.
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Hi Lev / Betts / All

Following on (belatedly) from the earlier posts, I would love to know if Betts stayed at the Anantara and get a first hand opinion.

My wife and I are due to spend a few days in BKK at the end of March and then come down to Hua Hin on 28th for a couple of weeks, staying at the Anantara. We have not visited Thailand B/4 and the apparent tranquility of Hua Hin appealed (after reading your site and forum amongst other stuff). 8)

I note that, whilst no maps seem to show it (and no brochure points it out), that there seems to be the main runway of the airport only a few hundred meters from the resort - worrying! :roll: see link:

http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/linkairporthuahin.html

Could I have your views on whether this will be as much of a nuisance as seems likely from here? I understand that full opening of the airport for Domestic & International travel has been delayed, but the flying club link (how on earth did I find that!) seems to indicate that a certain amount of flying does indeed take place.

Thanks in advance

Peter
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Advice Please

Post by PeteB »

Here I go - trying to answer my own query! - Sad or what?

If anyone agrees or disagrees with the summary below, quoted from another site in response to a query on the Anantara, please post a message.
The Anantara is the most 'northerley' of Hua Hin resorts, up near the airport ( don't worry, no aircraft noise as the aircraft are not allowed to fly anywhere near, max would be a mild 'hummmmm' in the distance. The design and layout is good, the only drawback is beach not brilliant and it's a tuk-tuk or taxi ride into Hua Hin, little of interest either side.
Purely my own 'personal' opinion but if you just want to stay in your hotel and venture into town of an evening fine, but if you want more convenient access then the Marriott ( a good star down from the Anantara ) has better beach and although a quiet area is a pleasant 'sroll' into town of an evening, also I guess quite a bit cheaper than Anantara. OR, about the same travel distance but in a southerly direction ( quieter area ) is the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt does not have the same very Thai design of the Anantara but does have large grounds and wide beach area.
To summarise: The Anantara if you are happy to pay for the style, atmosphere, the Marriott if you just want a good pleasnt nice beach resort convenient for town, markets etc or the Hyatt if you want 'Hyatt style' efficiency.
I've probably totally confused you now!!!!!??
Many thanks

Peter
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

hua hin airport is closed now anyway so no problems on the noise front.
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Many thanks Lev,

There appears to be a variety of info on the web regarding the airport - mostly undated (or unable to be accurately dated).

Cheers

Peter