Room with a view

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
matttrotman
Rookie
Rookie

Room with a view

Post by matttrotman »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is able to offer advice. Me and 3 friends (2 couples) are going to Hua Hin for a week on April 21st 2011. Can anyone recommend any half decent rooms for around the 600-800 Baht range please?

We did try and book in at Hotel Sukhwilai bu tfor some reason they are not returning emails. This hotel has a pool and is within the price range we are looking for so seemed an ideal option!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt :cheers:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Room with a view

Post by Super Joe »

Hi Matt,

We have a house with pool available that week which works out 700 Baht/night for each couple (water & elec included), in Soi 94 approx. 2.5kms to town centre. It would require a booking deposit asap though as it's a busy time anywhere around Thai New Year.

It's on the HHAD property database, along with others in a similar price range, but not sure how many will do weekly rentals: CLICK HERE

Send me an email on the address below, if you need any further details.

SJ
matttrotman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matttrotman »

Hi Joe,

I really appreciate your reply and your villa looks beautiful but I'm afriad we are looking for somewhere as close to the centre of town as possible.

I will run it past the freinds I'm travelling with and get back to you asap though.

Thanks again,

Matt :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Click on some of the guesthouses in the menu on your right, many of them are central and within your budget.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Hi,

Yeah you would need to be getting taxis from here into town, or to the good beaches, the usual tuk tuk fares from here are 100 Baht in the day, 150 Baht later at night. Or scooter motorbikes for rent at 150 Baht/day.

I think I'm going into town a bit later, or def tomorrow night, so will ask in the Sukwahlai and see what they have (think they are about 800/day out of peak season!?), and there's another place I know on the HHAD hotel database that I'll check aswell.

The actual Songkhran week the whole town gets booked and prices hiked up, not sure if the week after is caught up in it, or escapes it. Certainly the Bangkok Thais go back the end of the first week.

I'll post back in next day or so.

SJ
Irish Kev
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Irish Kev »

Hi Joe,
My wife and I are arriving in Thailand in June/July for 4 weeks.
2 weeks in HH and 2 weeks in Buriram.
I would be interested in enquiring about your house if it's for rent at that time?
Cheers
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Hi Kev,
Sure, I will PM you some details shortly.

Matt,
I went in that Sakulwilai hotel and they have a/c rooms for 900 & 1,050 during your week, but they don't have a pool. So just quickly looking on the HHAD sponsors accommodation list (to the right of this message), there's a couple of good one's just as central and between 600-800 Baht with a/c. The cheapest central place with a pool any of my mates have found in high season is around 1,200 Baht/night!?

:cheers:

SJ