Cape Nidhra

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
glendav
Rookie
Rookie

Cape Nidhra

Post by glendav »

Has anyone stayed at the Cape Nidhra yet. If so what are the rooms like?

Thanks
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Cape Nidhra

Post by richard »

Not been inside but watched it being built

Need a very fat wallet I hear :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Certainly looks fantastic - and as you say Richard..... it appears you need a fat wallet! Although, private pool etc. etc.

http://www.capenidhra.com/accommodation.html
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

I had a squint at the web site. Hmmm
9,800 baht per night internet rate at the moment. Not for the faint hearted.
Always chuckle at amentities offered on these sites. See below.
Why leave the resort, why leave your room? Why come to Hua Hin at all?
I don't think they mean the Binta block as chic local scene. :cheers: what could be more loacl than street stall food?

On The Rocks Bar - a nightspot in Hua Hin where one can take in the remarkable views of the Gulf of Thailand at night and revel in the chic local social scene
• Rocks Restaurant which serves genuine local specialties and popular cosmopolitan seafood dishes
• 24 hour in-room dining enables you to appreciate wonderful cuisine in the privacy of your own suite
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Just had a look through the website and if it is as good as it looks on the site, I would imagine it being booked out on a regular basis.
The facilities even in the cheapest room seem to be very extensive and there seems to be a fair bit of privacy for each room. Looks to be a great place to relax and chill out in a fairly quiet enviroment.
Looking at the location, it is close enough to walk into town, which is a big plus. All in all looks to be a very nice looking property.
At present they have introductory rates of 6800baht for the cheapest room (normally 8500). Looks well worth a few nights to check out and see if it all that they have promoted.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Jimbob wrote:Why leave the resort, why leave your room? Why come to Hua Hin at all?
Have to agree with that sentiment Jimbob. Its true really! Just love the way these places are almost saying that, the hotel has everything, even down to a souvenir shop in case you want something to take home.

These sort of places are all well and good, especially if you have young ones in tow, but if you want to really visit Hua Hin or someplace else then you have to leave the hotel/resort as often as possible, as within it's walls is hardly a real reflection of Thailand, just a comfortable place to stay/sleep.

I remember staying at the Eversons in Pranburi a couple of years ago (not footing the bill myself though, at the bequest of another) and that was the same, about 9-10k baht a night, nice place and all but just a plush location to blow disgraceful amounts of cash.

I know it's 'horses for courses' etc, but as I live/work here and have done so for about a decade, I was surprised by just how it all operates. Having seen both sides of the stick here on many occasions, I couldn't help feeling that I would have pretty much experienced nothing of Hua Hin if I had just come on holiday here that time, when I stayed at the Eversons, and not had any adventuring desire. The people I was with benefited from me urging them away from the pool and resort restaurants etc and got them 'out-and-about'.

These places are designed to keep you in the resort/hotel and spend your money there, large amounts of it.

I remember the Eversons leaving me a note on my bed, because I took my laundry out to a local shop, saying "Why don't you have your laundry done in the resort, only 1500 baht for a couple of kilos?" :shock:

If you are going to stay in a place like that then you should get out of the hotel and adventure as much as possible.

Sounds expensive at 9-10k a night. As said, if you've got young ones with you, then OK. If not, then I can never justify staying in these places really, too sanitized for me really, but it's 'whatever floats ones boat' at the end of the day.

To be honest, I'm more of a 1500 baht a night place type of guy, then go off adventuring in the real Thailand, see where our path takes the Mrs and myself. Not stingy, just realistic imo.

However, lots of people have money to burn and like these sort of places, so far play to anyone who goes for it, good on you/fair play, sure it will be a nice stay.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Like you said Spitfire, some people enjoy it.

Last trip I traded a timeshare week for a week at the Marriott beach club in Phuket, a beautiful resort.

We walked around it a lot, but always left for meals and day trips, but amazing how many people do stay all the time and eat most all meals there.

I do remember, though, when my kids were young and they always wanted to swim so we would spend a lot of time at a resort.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

chelsea wrote:Looking at the location, it is close enough to walk into town, which is a big plus. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Yes, I stayed at the Marriot last October which is next door. Its about half way between The mall and 'town'. Plenty plenty transport waiting outside when legs fail you.
glendav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by glendav »

They have good intro rates on website if booked by end of March. So weve risked it and booked for end of April. Cant see the rates being that low in the future so might as well try it while its cheap. Location looks good.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Nice one Glendav, be sure to give us some feedback buddy and enjoy your stay
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do