Hoping to find a house to rent for one or two months

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Hoping to find a house to rent for one or two months

Post by jamiep »

Hi,

Am going to drive down to Hua Hin from here in Chiang Mai on Thursday. Have been living here in CM for around 4 years. Have visited Hua Hin a couple of times before.

I am hoping I can get some tips from participants on this forum on finding a house to rent for one or two months. I am looking for something :
  • With a good internet connection (or I wonder if 3G works well in HH).
  • Only need one bedroom.
  • Fully furnished.
  • Must accept pets, I have two very clean, well behaved and quiet dogs.
Any leads on a particular place or recommendations of agents or places to search for a place fairly quickly would be good. I speak fair Thai and my GF speaks perfectly :) So language is no barrier.

Jamie
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Hoping to find a house to rent for one or two months

Post by jamiep »

Actually I would be interested in anywhere on the coast, my interest is not limited to HH.
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

I found my answer to what 3G is like in HH in a helpful post in the tech forum which unfortunately I cannot link to as I am a new member. Would be nice to find a house with internet I think.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

What sort of budget are you looking at? The closer to the beach, the more expensive it's going to get.
The further out of town you go the more flakey your internet connection will be.
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

I guess I could go to 30 - 40,000 B. But would prefer to spend less than that.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I know of a freshly renovated house for rent on 88/1. Three minutes walk to MV, four mins to the beach. Internet connection 5 meg, ADSL premium, fully furnished. I guess it's abt 25 000 THB a month.

PM me if you are interested.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

House rental listings can be found here:
http://property.huahinafterdark.com/pro ... pe=H&for=R
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

Farang wrote:I know of a freshly renovated house for rent on 88/1. Three minutes walk to MV, four mins to the beach. Internet connection 5 meg, ADSL premium, fully furnished. I guess it's abt 25 000 THB a month.

PM me if you are interested.
I can't PM anyone as yet. I am a new member and have not reached my 10 post minimum to be able to PM. My phone no is 0873004668 or you can email me at me 'at' jamiep 'dot' org Sounds like just the sort of place I would be interested in.

Jamie
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Contact Wan Restuarant Hi Lek Fai Road ..they speak English & Thai & Norwegien etc. Tel 0858473195

They have some property, think animals are ok with them. Very nice helpful people.
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

Thanks for the tip Siani!
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

I am going to be driving down to HH today from CM. Looking forward to the long drive which perhaps perversely I enjoy and having a dip in the sea!

Thanks for all your tips.

Does anyone have an agency that they particularly recommend or any other recommendations? Here in CM agencies tend to add a lot to the price of rental and don't seem particularly helpful but have heard in CM the rental agency business is more developed.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Links to property agent websites are not permitted on this forum (neither is soliciting rentals via private message since we offer to list them for pennies), we have already directed you to a link with ten pages of property rentals in Hua Hin for all budgets, here it is again:

http://property.huahinafterdark.com/pro ... pe=H&for=R
jamiep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamiep »

Hi,

Found a very beautiful place for a good price. It seems there are a lot of great places available at a good price now in the rainy season.

Sorry if I inadvertently bent any rules of the web site.

Thanks!

Jamie