Leng Guesthouse

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
RossDunstan
Novice
Novice

Leng Guesthouse

Post by RossDunstan »

I am a regular visitor to Thailand but mainly hang out in Khon Kaen. Nice to see this forum with specific info on Hua Hin as I will be visiting later this month and haven't got a clue on accommodation. I have being looking at some internet sites and a place called the Leng Guesthouse stood out at 750 Baht a night (makes the 370 baht good hotels in KK look real cheap).

It located in Phetkaseam Road - any thoughts on either the establishment or the location.

If anyone is travelling to KK then there is a similar forum to this at www.khonkaen.com - good for tips etc in and around that area.

Thanks for any help that may be forthcoming and thanks for the forum.

Ross
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Lots of good payses to stsay in Hua Hin, In my opinion a nice place to spend lazy days. See you there I leave Scandinavia next week :roll: :roll:
MikeM
Novice
Novice

Leng Guesthouse

Post by MikeM »

Ross
If you stay at the Leng Guesthouse, please let me know what its like.
We have booked it ourselves next Feb.
Regards
MikeM 8)
RossDunstan
Novice
Novice

Post by RossDunstan »

Mike,

My scout has been out and had a look around :shock: and I think thats where we are booked into to. We will be there on the 19th September and will let you know my thoughts after that.

Ross
MikeM
Novice
Novice

Leng Guesthouse

Post by MikeM »

Thanks Ross
I look forward to any opinions when you get back.Enjoy yourself.
Regards.
MikeM :lol:
RossDunstan
Novice
Novice

Post by RossDunstan »

Mike,

After driving yesterday from Khon Kaen to Bangkok airport and down to Hua Hin any bed would have done me last night.

The guesthouse is just a little south of town, maybe 1 km, and is in an area of say 7 or 8 guesthouses on a small sub soi. The area is quiet and appears friendly and the walk to the beach is only 3 or 4 mins. And the beach is lovely.

The rooms in the guesthouse and a good size, the beds are VERY comfortable and a big added bonus for me is that the Australian cable channel is included in whatever package they have.

The bathrooms are more than adequate with hot water and everything seems very clean. The pool is 20 metres from the building but I haven't been in yet.

As I said, in Khon Kaen I would be paying 400 baht a night not 750 but it aint Khon Kaen and the price seems very reasonable for what you get. Just 1 thing - they insist you take your shoes off when entering the building so be prepared for that. And a sign in the window says they take Visa or Mastercard although if you want to pay that way you normally will be hit with a 3% surcharge.

Hope you have a good time!!!

Ross
MikeM
Novice
Novice

Leng

Post by MikeM »

Ross
Thanks
I think we are booked in there in Feb, it sounds OK from your info,mind you I may be asked to put my shoes back on when they they see the state of em. :oops:
Thanks a lot for the info .
Any other thoughts of the area/ Leng will be appreciated.

Mike
RossDunstan
Novice
Novice

Post by RossDunstan »

Mike,

Just one thing, the pool is out of action at the moment and they appear to be ripping up all the tiles. Whilst Feb is a fair way off, you might want to check that it will be back in action by then. Doesn't worry me as I dont like pools anyway. Checked out a couple of other places for less money and the rooms at the Leng are definitely good value for money. Room 12 is huge and the rest are a very good size.

Ross
MikeM
Novice
Novice

Leng Guesthouse

Post by MikeM »

Ross
Thanks a lot for your help.
I will keep an eye on the pool repairs and check it out nearer the time of our visit.
Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Regards

Mike