Hotel near Swampy

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Hotel near Swampy

Post by migrant »

We are arriving with friends at 1:00 am so am thinking of getting a hotel in Bangkok near the airport to relax and shower for a few hours. Usually go to brother in laws condo, but too small with friends.

Any ideas appreciated! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Re: Hotel near Swampy

Post by pharvey »

migrant wrote:We are arriving with friends at 1:00 am so am thinking of getting a hotel in Bangkok near the airport to relax and shower for a few hours. Usually go to brother in laws condo, but too small with friends.

As we normally have an early return flight, we stay overnight at "The Great Residence" 5 mins from the airport, and 1-way transfer included in the price. Can't be beaten for value IMHO http://greatresidencehotel.com/

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

There are 41 of them listed here, all with competitive rates and online booking: http://huahinforum.com.r24.asia/bangkok/
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks Guys! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

Have somebody experience/knowldge do some of hotels there accept dog's?
Need to fly after few months with my 2 small ones and would be more convienent to stay one night in BKK before fly.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Angelique wrote:Have somebody experience/knowldge do some of hotels there accept dog's?
Need to fly after few months with my 2 small ones and would be more convienent to stay one night in BKK before fly.
Are you being serious - flying with two dogs?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

pharvey wrote:
migrant wrote:We are arriving with friends at 1:00 am so am thinking of getting a hotel in Bangkok near the airport to relax and shower for a few hours. Usually go to brother in laws condo, but too small with friends.

As we normally have an early return flight, we stay overnight at "The Great Residence" 5 mins from the airport, and 1-way transfer included in the price. Can't be beaten for value IMHO http://greatresidencehotel.com/

We stayed there on your recommendation, spot on for the money, would stay again.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Angelique wrote:Have somebody experience/knowldge do some of hotels there accept dog's?
Are you being serious - flying with two dogs?
Dannie Boy:) I was flying with them from Finland to Thailand 2 years ago and so they hava born in Finland and as I go back home, they also:) No problem flying with them ever.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

After posting on the forum about Agoda/Asiarooms only taking payment by credit card, & not debit cards I got the dragon to ring round and try find a hotel that we could book over the phone & pay in cash..(walk-in rate).
Well we got sorted. :D ..at the Phoenix Hotel.
The cunning plan was for us to drive there, then our in-laws,(once their flight had landed) would use the hotel's free shuttle from Swampy, & we'd all stay the night before heading off to Issan.
Well it all worked well.. :)
The hotel's staff were ever-so friendly & helpful, the 'shuttle' mini-bus service was faultless, the check-in painless, rooms had coffee/tea/biscuits/crisps/water laid out, bathroom was compact, but spotlessly clean with good shower. Free computers down in the lobby & free Wi-Fi in the rooms.
Attached to the hotel is a small restaurant & coffee-house.
The rate was 900B inc breakfast..which inc. coffee,orange juice & choice from a 3-meal menu.
No deposit or funds pre-paid, one simple call, & settled-up on leaving..
Thank you Phoenix.. :cheers:
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Just returned from Thailand and we spent a few days at the Eastin Easy Hotel.
Great large rooms, 2 balconies,Clean,20min from Airport.
Airport shuttle, breakfast and late check out 4pm for 1,550B
mikepetersen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikepetersen »

Is there any hotel who is providing pick and drop facilities from the airport with a affordable price?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

mikepetersen wrote:Is there any hotel who is providing pick and drop facilities from the airport with a affordable price?
As mentioned earlier in the thread, we stay at the Great Residence Hotel (http://greatresidencehotel.com/ although I'm sure if you go through the agencies on this forum, you'll likely get even better rates). This includes a 1-way transfer free of charge. If a return is required, you can book through the hotel.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.