Marriott Hotel re-opened?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
GrabbaTheButt
Novice
Novice

Re: marriott hotel re opened ?

Post by GrabbaTheButt »

Awesome to hear...

If anyone takes a stroll through it and wants to post any pics please do. Love to see the reality vs the artists conception

Otherwise I'll put a report up after or during our stay
buksida

Re: marriott hotel re opened ?

Post by buksida »

Marriott International, Inc. has opened the Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa here. Featuring 322 rooms that combine modern design and Thai Colonial features, the resort is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and located on a beachfront with 8.7 acres of land.

Highlights include deluxe rooms with views of the sea and direct access to the lagoon-shaped swimming pool; an onsite adults-only swimming pool; and extensive kids’ activities at the beachfront Kid’s Club, kid’s pool, water slide and tree house.

“Marriott International signed agreements with TCC Land Asset World in 2013 to manage seven new hotels across Thailand. Three properties are scheduled to open this year and Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa is the first to debut,” said Karl Hudson, area VP-Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia & Japan. “Hua Hin is a famous vacation getaway for both local and international travelers. Demand from inbound travel from Thai residents has been strong and we see the number of foreign visitors increasing, at 5.63% year over year. Hua Hin has a lot of potential as it offers various activities and attractions. The introduction of Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa will increase the city’s accommodation to 2,341 rooms.”

The hotel’s five F&B outlets include Amber Kitchen, an all-day-dining restaurant offering Thai and international cuisine; Big Fish & Bar, located by the beach featuring signature grill and seafood; the Pool Bar, which provides a 180-degree ocean view and cocktails; Siam Bakery, a classic pastry shop environment featuring an interactive open work space with coffee concept, fresh juices and baked products; and the Lobby Lounge serving coffee, high tea, cocktails and entrées.

The Quan Spa offers a varied selection of massages and touch therapy treatments and a 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center is also available.

http://www.hotelbusiness.com/RealEstate ... land/53430
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GrabbaTheButt
Novice
Novice

Re: Marriott Hotel re-opened?

Post by GrabbaTheButt »

Just checked in... will log a detailed report in a few days
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

GrabbaTheButt wrote:Just checked in... will log a detailed report in a few days
I am looking forward to your own pictures :D
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I'm quite interested in this thread as the wife has just told me that my stepson has just started working there as a bar tender.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
GrabbaTheButt
Novice
Novice

Post by GrabbaTheButt »

Sorry I'm more than a little later than I promised with a report.

We were 7 days here and it was very nice indeed.

They were still putting a few finishing touches (adding a few handrails etc) on but all major construction was definitely done.

The rooms are quite modern which I'm not really sure I liked that much as I'd have preferred more of a thai feel. Service was fantastic but they had a large number of "opening team" staff from various marriott resorts and hotels from around Thailand doing start up training for the permanent staff.

The buffet breakfast is expensive at 800 baht a piece but it was very impressive... don't eat for two days then go put on the feedbag kind of impressive.

The pools are quite nice with lots of loungers and a pretty good water side for the kids.

All in all they have done a nice job with it well worth staying at (though the JW Marriott in Khao Lak remains my favourite Thailand Marriott)
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Wow 800 Baht for breakfast I was going to ask the wife if the boy gets through his probation period can he get us a deal on a room it might be counter productive for the wallet. :?
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Bluesgoose
Novice
Novice

Post by Bluesgoose »

Hi,

I am new to this great forum. Just a quick check: Are there any news about how the new Marriott hotel has been received by guests?

How do you get into town from there? Would you walk or are there taxis?

Thanks.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

I saw it open in August 2017, a new building, across the road from Market Village and Tesco Lotus. Did not know, otherwise would have stayed there. Will stay next year.

The old one, where I stayed in 2004. was 5* by management but the building was something else before (Thai holiday hotel, "Royal Garden Resort") and the rooms were half the size Marriott normally has. Now it should be Anantara, they took the other one in Bangkok across the river at the same time (stayed there in 2005. one week conference).

The breakfast was what that top league always have.

This new one is from ground up and they can dream about 800THB breakfasts when Market Village with 100 of Thai priced eateries is 5 mins walk. Not even on budget, for 2 breakfasts only a couple can find a hotel like "Grand" or that "City Beach" that include breakfast, not that comprehensive but more than enough.

Out of almost 6,000 hotels and resorts, Marriott actually owns only a handfull. All others are either franchise or lease. The old one in Hua Hin was 2002-2012. Ten years is time after which it becomes in need of renovations, at least for 5* hotels standards.

"Get to town" means from the Marriott to the area around the Hilton? I don't know why I would ever want to do that but who wants, it is ~2km. Tuk-tuk.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

loua_oz, that post was from 9 months ago and the poster I'd guess never checked the forum again after getting no answer.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

I know. Many posts are like that. Some Forums set no answer to anything older than one month.

This was more to bump it up as the hotel is there, new, and I did not know and went to the Sheraton second time instead.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

The question asked by the OP had already been answered. Over a year ago! I think we can say the new Marriott is no longer new. :D

If you want to comment on your accommodation experiences in HH you can always start a new thread, it will be very helpful to other users.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Not new to you but was new to me. And the OP was asking for customer reviews, hardly a place to ask as if asking me who has own condo in Bangkok about BKK hotels. I have not been in one since 2001 (other than some conference at then Marriott on the river).

About starting a tread, you are right. I'll do that.