Dog friendly hotel or guest house?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Clivep
Amateur
Amateur

Dog friendly hotel or guest house?

Post by Clivep »

Driving to Pranburi area from Bangkok later this week to look for some property and see if it's an area we would like to relocate to.

We have two dogs - a Cocker and another who can best be described as a 'Fat Rat'.

On trips to Hua Hin we usually stay at Baan Radjadameron (JustBeds) or the Regent Chalet Resort Cha Am, but for this trip would prefer to stay in the Pranburi area. Web searches for dog friendly hotels there have however, drawn a blank.

Would appreciate any helpful suggestions.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dog friendly hotel or guest house?

Post by Takiap »

Hi

There are probably others, but the one where we stay sometimes can be found at:

http://www.at-pran.com/

The place does not look quite as good as it does on the website, but it's nice enough nonetheless, with just a single rarely used road separating the resort from the beach. Whenever we've stayed there it's been during the week, but we were told that it gets fully booked on weekends, which I guess is because of the fact that pets are welcome.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Clivep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Clivep »

Thank you Takiap; I will give them a call.
Clivep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Clivep »

We ended up staying at Pranburi Cabana Resort - which I can fully recommend - great for the dogs and very good Thai food.

Dog surcharge Large - 300Baht, small 200Baht

Always useful to hear of other reports of dog friendly places; please post.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

The IBIS hotel is dog friendly, they will accept dogs up to 10 kilos in the room. The reason I know this is that I stayed there and was disgusted to see dog ticks in our room all over the bed. Won't be staying there again but great for dog lovers.
max51

Post by max51 »

dalmatiandave wrote:The IBIS hotel is dog friendly, they will accept dogs up to 10 kilos in the room. The reason I know this is that I stayed there and was disgusted to see dog ticks in our room all over the bed. Won't be staying there again but great for dog lovers.
I was planning to stay there for the first few days of my trip until I could have a look round for somewhere else, but this sounds disgusting. Did you ask to be moved to another room? If you did was it better?
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

max51 wrote:
dalmatiandave wrote:The IBIS hotel is dog friendly, they will accept dogs up to 10 kilos in the room. The reason I know this is that I stayed there and was disgusted to see dog ticks in our room all over the bed. Won't be staying there again but great for dog lovers.
I was planning to stay there for the first few days of my trip until I could have a look round for somewhere else, but this sounds disgusting. Did you ask to be moved to another room? If you did was it better?
We did move room but it appears that their policy is that any room in the hotel is available for dogs (not just a select few). I will not stay there again. I did write a trip advisor report and told the hotel about the bad situation we found ourselves in, I even told them how best to go about dealing with the need to offer humans and dogs similar accommodations but in different rooms within the hotel but I didn't get a satisfactory reply.
max51

Post by max51 »

OK thanks for reply. I will look for another hotel then. Pity because I had signed up to the Accor Hotels loyalty scheme. You get a discount for booking at least 30 days in advance, and it would have been £19 per night, which sounded quite good.