Cheaper rental options

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
ROPPONGIJACK
Novice
Novice

Cheaper rental options

Post by ROPPONGIJACK »

Hello all, I am just new to the forum today, I plan to check out retirement in HH early next year.

Just wondering if any can advise on cheaper rental options ( along the coast/name of town ). Watching my pennies for a while until I hit 60 and cash out my super.

Many thanks :?
buksida

Re: Cheaper rental options

Post by buksida »

Welcome to the forum, there are pages of Hua Hin rentals here: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/property.php?type=H&for=R

For cheaper rents you may want to head further south to quieter beach towns such as Bangsaphan
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

There is plenty available in a wide price band from a single room to luxury monster home.
Best bet would be to watch the forum to get a sense of things then come to HH and look around at actual places. If you have a good idea of what you want and your available budget it shouldn't take long.
Happiness can't buy money
ROPPONGIJACK
Novice
Novice

Post by ROPPONGIJACK »

Thanks
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Put your feet on the ground and you will surprised what you can find out that way.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

brianks wrote:Put your feet on the ground and you will surprised what you can find out that way.

Yes, some of the best deals are never listed with agents since the Thais use a somewhat different approach when it comes to renting out property. Just look for signs on gates and etc., or ask around between the locals. Someone will know someone who will know someone with a place to rent.

Good luck.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Bomber
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bomber »

Best option is to get here and secure some cheap short term accommodation (there is plenty to choose from) so as to give yourself plenty of time to have a good look around. I agree you will get a better deal if you look around and ask rather than going though an agent.

Best of luck...