Royal Pavilion & Colonnade Hotel's

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Irish big-kev

Royal Pavilion & Colonnade Hotel's

Post by Irish big-kev »

Hi,

Anyone stayed at either of these 2 hotels.
Can you comments on the following, Closeness to town(BintaBaht) Value for money, Rooms?

Thanks
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Re: Royal Pavilion & Colonnade Hotel's

Post by Heebio »

Can't comment about the Royal Pavillion but I've stayed at the Collonade a couple of times and highly recommend it.

Location is excellent for everything - you have the old shopping mall on your doorstep and can be in both bar areas (Bintabaht or Soi 80) within five mins. Beach road is just across from the hotel and again you can be at the Sofitel entrance to the beach in five mins. It's maybe a 15 min walk to Market Village but doable.

Rooms are excellent, good size with nice furnishings, day bed and a small balcony with sea views, from the top floor. It faces Petkasem Road but the windows are double glazed so there's no noise... perfect. Only minor quibble would be weird bathroom set up - the toilet and shower are split with an open sink/dressing area. Nothing that would drop my room rating to less than 9/10 however.

Value for money IMHO is excellent... rooms can be had for around 1,800bt, inc free fast WIFI but without breakfast. Considering comfort and location I think it's a good deal.

Dunno how well known this place is considering it's central location, but both times I've stayed there it's been very quiet and we've managed to get a plum top floor room both times. Even during the King's birthday in December the place was quiet. That's a plus in my opinion by the way.

Recommended.
Never trust a hippy....
Baz2512
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Baz2512 »

Stayed at Royal Pavilion last March and thought it was good value and certainly close enough to walk to Bintabaht.
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Thanks guy's, we have booked into Colonnade hotel.
Thanks for great feedback.