Hilton Hua Hin up for sale

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
buksida

Hilton Hua Hin up for sale

Post by buksida »

One of Thailand’s popular beachfront hotels, Hilton Hua Hin, is up for sale.

JLL’s Hotels and Hospitality Group, named exclusive brokering agent, expects the hotel to receive strong interest from both Thai and international investors.

Managing director, Mike Batchelor, said: “Hua Hin has emerged as one of Thailand’s dynamic resort markets over the past 10 years, in terms of demand and supply. Within a two-hour drive from Bangkok, it is a popular weekend destination for Bangkokians.”

“Hua Hin also continues to be a favoured holiday destination for Europeans and is gaining more popularity amongst international tourists. This is reflected by the strong trading performance of the hotel with average occupancy over 70% year round.”

Hilton Hua Hin is situated on approximately 15 rai of freehold beachfront land, right in the heart of downtown Hua Hin. It features 298 rooms with sizes ranging from 42 sqm for a standard room to 450 sqm for the Chakri Suite. All rooms have sea views. The hotel also features a complete range of facilities including one of the largest ballrooms in Hua Hin as well as popular restaurants such as the Hua Hin Brewing Company and a rooftop restaurant offering panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand.

Another feature is a high rise tower with over 51,000 sqm of GFA which is irreplaceable today as new high rise developments are no longer allowed under current zoning regulations at such a close proximity to the beach.

Hilton Hua Hin is offered for sale through an international expressions-of-interest campaign, having launched this week with already a number of both domestic and international enquiries being made.

JLL is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of US$4.0 billion, JLL operates in 75 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide.

Source: TTR
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Hilton Hua Hin up for sale

Post by Lung Per »

Perhaps Paris Hilton needs a new wardrobe? ;-)
A friend is only one click away
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I was told this a couple of weeks ago as another forum member read the advertiment in the Bangkok Post.

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Suspect that the poor access is not good for a hotel that caters to a lot of higher end tourists. Two hours to get to Hua Hin followed by another half an hour within a hundred meters if the hotel with Bintas finest on display.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Gregjam wrote:Suspect that the poor access is not good for a hotel that caters to a lot of higher end tourists. Two hours to get to Hua Hin followed by another half an hour within a hundred meters if the hotel with Bintas finest on display.

Curious to know how the Hilton Group thinks, when offering up the hotel. I have stayed there once and reported on this elsewhere on this forum.
The room was superb, the facilities very good and location means you can for many vetures manage without a car or, if you arrive with one (as we do) you get parking space on the hotel's premmisses by living there, so problem solved,

However, our experience was that the Hotel was over crowded with western european families on 2 weeks package tours and I will not stay there again. However, as stated in another post , I can imagine the occupancy rate is high. Why would you sell an hotel with a high occuppancy rate? That puzzles me :roll:
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Surely the Hilton is only managing the property. It is the owner, not Hilton, that has put it on the market.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Huahinian wrote:Surely the Hilton is only managing the property. It is the owner, not Hilton, that has put it on the market.

Ah, that explains a lot. It means that large hotel chains do not own the real estate the occupy, they only operate the business
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Frank La Rue wrote:It means that large hotel chains do not own the real estate the occupy, they only operate the business
I think you'll find it varies from hotel companies that own the freehold, the fixed assets and also run the business, to those who simply sell the rights to a branded franchise. With all points in between.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think it varies by country. Hilton probably owns it's hotels in a lot of countries, but to do so here they would have to have 51% Thai ownership (for the land, which is the really valuable part).

We saw Marriott close down here a couple of years ago (which is the 3rd largest hotel chain in the world) and now Hilton (which is the 2nd largest hotel chain in the world), so my guess is that it has something to do with doing business in Thailand. However, Intercontinental is the number 1 biggest chain in the world and they just opened a hotel here in the last couple of years so lets see.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

So whats the price? By the the way I don't have 500 million usd. If I did I would just spend it on girls and cars.
No different from all of us I suppose :]
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Frank La Rue wrote:
Huahinian wrote:Surely the Hilton is only managing the property. It is the owner, not Hilton, that has put it on the market.

Ah, that explains a lot. It means that large hotel chains do not own the real estate the occupy, they only operate the business
Of course I thought that was very well known.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

hhfarang wrote:I think it varies by country. Hilton probably owns it's hotels in a lot of countries, but to do so here they would have to have 51% Thai ownership (for the land, which is the really valuable part).

We saw Marriott close down here a couple of years ago (which is the 3rd largest hotel chain in the world) and now Hilton (which is the 2nd largest hotel chain in the world), so my guess is that it has something to do with doing business in Thailand. However, Intercontinental is the number 1 biggest chain in the world and they just opened a hotel here in the last couple of years so lets see.
The INTERCONTINENTAL hotel is owned by a well known Thai Family company, whose daughter runs it for them.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

hhfarang wrote:I think it varies by country. Hilton probably owns it's hotels in a lot of countries, but to do so here they would have to have 51% Thai ownership (for the land, which is the really valuable part).

What happened to the building, was it taken over by another Hotel chain? Is there a possibility that the 51% for ownership leads to succesfull hotel franchises being sold off and rights to run a hotel in these real estates are granted to Thai chains, i.e. some sort of nationalism in business?

I seem to be well off continuing to reside in Dusit Thani then, when visiting Hua Hin... 8)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Have you noticed that the Thai owners of most 5star hotels have Germans or swiss managers running them---thats smart.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

oakdale160 wrote:Have you noticed that the Thai owners of most 5star hotels have Germans or swiss managers running them---thats smart.
You may find the reason here:

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/15073 ... the-world/

as an example I stayed the night in Granada, Spain on a car journey through the country in 2001, in hotel Granada Center. We arrived at mid - day from Marbeila, and wanted some lunch.

To make it easy we went into the hotel restaurant , which turend out to be an over-the - top surprise pleasant experience. The food was superb, the Carlos III cognac suggested by the Restaurant manager and the friendly conversation with the Genreal Manager who came to see to our wellbeing was an experience I remember to this day.

They were both Spanish, had graduated from the reffered to in the link Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland, had a few years of experience from reputable hotel chains in continental Europe before returning to Spain and taking up Management positions.

It was a great avenue for them and terrific for us as customers.

I spent 8 years in Switzerland i my youth, and albeith I did not study Hotel Management I came to understand that that's the place to get your Hotel education.

So, it does not supprise me that the Swiss dominate hotel management around the world. I just wish we could get the Thais to get out more and aquire some experience whilst returning to Thailand and add value to their native country.