Hilton Hua Hin up for sale

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
buksida

Re: Hilton Hua Hin up for sale

Post by buksida »

One of Thailand’s most iconic beachfront hotels, Hilton Hua Hin, is being offered for sale. JLL’s (Jones Lang Lasalle) Hotels and Hospitality Group, which has been appointed as the exclusive brokering agent, expects the hotel to receive strong interest from both Thai and international investors.

Mike Batchelor, Managing Director Investment Sales, Hotels & Hospitality, JLL said, “Hua Hin has emerged as one of Thailand’s dynamic resort markets over the past ten years, in terms of demand and supply. Within only a two-hour drive from Bangkok, it is a popular weekend destination for Bangkokians. Hua Hin also continues to be a favoured holiday destination for Europeans and is gaining more popularity amongst international tourists. This is reflected by the strong trading performance of the hotel with average occupancy over 70% year round.

“Hotels of this calibre are rarely offered to the market especially given that it is a strongly trading asset with solid growth prospects due to its exceptional location, spectacular views and a globally recognized brand,” said Mr. Batchelor.

Hilton Hua Hin is situated on approximately 15 rai of freehold beachfront land, right in the heart of downtown Hua Hin. The hotel features 298 rooms with sizes ranging from 42 square meters for a standard room to 450 square meters for the Chakri Suite. Every room offers unobstructed sea views. The hotel also features a complete range of facilities including one of the largest ballrooms in Hua Hin as well as a number of highly popular restaurants such as the Hua Hin Brewing Company and a rooftop restaurant offering panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand.

Another unique feature of the hotel is the existing structure comprising a high rise tower with over 51,000 sqm of gross floor area (GFA), which is irreplaceable today as new high rise developments are no longer allowed under current zoning regulations to be built in such proximity to the beach.

Hilton Hua Hin is offered for sale through an international expressions-of-interest campaign, having launched last month with already a number of both domestic and international enquiries being made.

Source: Pattaya Mail
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hilton Hua Hin Sold For THB3.2 Billion
Thai-listed firm Saha-Union Plc. has purchased the Hilton Hua Hin for THB3.2 billion according to documents filed with the Thai Stock Exchange.

The property has been acquired from Destination Resort Ltd. which is under Destination Properties.

The 298-key property traded at approximately THB10.7 million a key.

In Phuket, Destination sold the Kamala Cove property which is now the Hyatt Regency.

The group still maintains a number of hotel assets on the island including the DoubleTree by Hilton Surin, Swissotel Kamala and the DusitD2 Phuket.

JLL brokered the Hilton deal with Mike Batchelor leading the transaction.

http://www.thephuketinsider.com/hotels/ ... illion.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Darn, I knew I should have upped my bid!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I read in the Newspaper today that the Hilton hotel group are planning to build 5 hotels in Myanmar.
(I don't know any previous tourist/visitor figures from before but the paper stated tourist numbers were up in Myanmar by 90%).
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

migrant wrote:Darn, I knew I should have upped my bid!!
I withdrew my bid; too many grumpy old men in the area. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

there could be some nice condo's there :)

:cheers: :cheers: