Accommodation in Midtown Or South?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
LastResort
Rookie
Rookie

Accommodation in Midtown Or South?

Post by LastResort »

Hi,

I know it's a matter of personal preference - but what would you recommend:

Staying in the middle of the action (near the Hilton) but a bit far from the "good" beaches (which as I understood a about half a KM south of the Hilton)
Or
Taking a guest house a bit south of the village center (something in the vicinity of the Village Market) but closer to the nice beaches?

Specific suggestions for around 1000B will be nice as well.

Thanks!!
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: Midtown Or South?

Post by sand_dancer »

LastResort

I think you might be overestimating the size of HH....... It is a 10 minute walk at most between the Hilton and Market Village......

Guest houses abound...... If you look at budget accommodation in the sponsors list..... On the right hand side..... You will find something that suits your needs......

You might want to do a little research on Khao Takiab...... On the Southern edge of town..... If beaches are your thing...... It might be a better option for you....

Enjoy
mrco

Re: Midtown Or South?

Post by mrco »

sand_dancer wrote:LastResort

I think you might be overestimating the size of HH....... It is a 10 minute walk at most between the Hilton and Market Village......

Guest houses abound...... If you look at budget accommodation in the sponsors list..... On the right hand side..... You will find something that suits your needs......

You might want to do a little research on Khao Takiab...... On the Southern edge of town..... If beaches are your thing...... It might be a better option for you....

Enjoy
If you can walk from Hilton to Market Village in less than 10 minutes you are qualified for the Olympics. :-)

//mrco
Big Boy

Re: Accommodation in Midtown Or South?

Post by Big Boy »

LastResort wrote:Staying in the middle of the action (near the Hilton) but a bit far from the "good" beaches (which as I understood a about half a KM south of the Hilton)
You can judge the full length of the Southern beach here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26405
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

On the opposite side of the main road to Market Village there is a road that runs to the beach with several guesthouses on it that isn't a bad spot for reasonably priced rooms. You can walk along the beach into town during the day and there is also a pretty good beach restaurant at the end of the road.
I stayed there on my first visit to Hua Hin and rather enjoyed it, I stayed at Leng Guesthouse which was good but as that was over ten years ago, I couldn't say what it's like now. It's still there anyway, I passed it last week on the way to the restaurant.
LastResort
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LastResort »

Thanks everyone :)
Backleet
Novice
Novice

Post by Backleet »

I think taking a guest house a bit south of the village center.