Hotel expedia booking

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay. Get the best rates, reviews, and online bookings here: Hua Hin Hotel Online Booking.
SPONSORS: Victor Guesthouse
HUA HIN ACCOMMODATION: Budget (under 1,000 THB) : Mid-range (1,000 to 2,500 THB) : Top-end (over 2,500 THB)
Homer
Legend
Legend

Re: Hotel expedia booking

Post by Homer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:26 pm

Blacky wrote:So really hard to say which one is the best, I prefer to book directly as I usually find for myself the best rate and no information is being lost through a third party.
+1

I use booking.com for their reviews and photos taken by guests, which can only be posted by those who book using their site.

pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:57 am

I usually book withe agoda, which is cheaper than the direct hotel booking in 90% of the cases. But the last booking I cancelled at agoda (free) because I found the direct hotel booking about 10% cheaper. I read somewhere that agoda forbids the hotels to be cheaper. Agoda and booking.com have many reviews, only from real guests.

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:26 pm

pitsch wrote:I usually book withe agoda, which is cheaper than the direct hotel booking in 90% of the cases. But the last booking I cancelled at agoda (free) because I found the direct hotel booking about 10% cheaper. I read somewhere that agoda forbids the hotels to be cheaper. Agoda and booking.com have many reviews, only from real guests.
I think all the sites have their own reviews. But expedia will use trip advisor for hotels new to their site.

Another thing about expedia is that they have several sites, for example, a Thai one and a UK one. I use the UK one as it gives me the total price for my stay including taxes and VAT. The Thai site gives a daily rate minus taxes and VAT. Catering for different markets and regs, I guess.
Talk is cheap