Jings Resort

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Big Boy

Re: Jings Resort

Post by Big Boy »

The sponsor list is talking about the new Jings. Recent posts are talking about the old Jings. At least, that's the way I read the OP.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Thanks oakdale160, I have had a look at the Mermaid Facebook page, it is a good idea to have a beer bar at the front and a guesthouse at the rear.
I cannot see me staying at Mermaid unless Jings Fenny Foo is fully booked.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Jing's Resort opening day

Friday 11th November

Starts 3pm with free food and live music.

http://www.huahinmedia.com/jings.php
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

The new owners of the part of Jings that now calls itself The Mermaid seem to be putting all their faith in online booking agencies, which don't allow me to specify a room or negotiate long stay deals.

If someone could stick their head round the door to get their email address, and PM it to me, I'd be enormously grateful..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm probably years out of touch, but the Jings page is offering booking for both sites, albeit as Fenny Foo http://www.huahinmedia.com/jings.php
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

The rooms in the Fenny Foo bit only have small safes in them - the largest of the rooms in the bit that is now Mermaid has a safe that is large enough for my laptop - I think of it as 'my' room...
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The new Jings is about 100m from my front door.......ill pop in and get some details....good excuse for a crafty beer :cheers:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Thanks!

I'll buy you another beer after I arrive back in the LoS (Jan 2nd)
streetBob
Novice
Novice

Post by streetBob »

i have stayed at Jings more than 5 times. Nice place. i can park my bike inside and very secured.
So it has new management ya! hopefully they maintain the service as it was before. will check the place in december. thanks for the update guys...
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have had this response from Jing's regarding the name/owner change.
The Mermaid is what was for the past 10 years Jing's guesthouse, we did not renew the lease earlier this year and new owners took over a new lease and called the old Jing's Mermaid Guesthouse.

We still have accommodation in the same place which we now call Jing's Accommodation and the confusion arises when old guests do not know of the changes.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Well, I had a cunning plan - I thought..

My idea was to make a short booking at the Mermaid through booking.com for a distant date, which I could subsequently cancel, so I could get some contact details for the place.

But I've just checked booking.com, expedia and hotels.com and the place is no longer listed..

- Can someone tell them, and maybe find out the reason..?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Uncle Tom, I'll pm you the story ad I heard it....but won't put it on here as its gossip.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Goodness knows we don't want any gossip on here!
:duck:
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

so the old jings is the mermaid, but cannot be contaced directly and jings is running a place called fenny foo, is that similar to the old jings and can they be contacted directly. what sort of rate for a 3 week stay can be expected
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Ask them. Using the two email addresses on their page: http://www.huahinmedia.com/jings.php