Rental in Hua Hin with social expat communities

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
nellyp

Rental in Hua Hin with social expat communities

Post by nellyp »

A friend just moved to Hua Hin and she looking for somewhere to rent that has some kind of community. Does anybody know where she can find a place that has some people who socialize together or are at least friendly. She is from Austria and gets on well with anybody (within reason) and speaks English as well as German.

In an ideal world she would like access to facilities like a swimming pool, fitness and maybe a garden to relax in. Somewhere central to Hua Hin or near Black Mountain would be fantastic but she would look at other options too.

Any help would be appreciated as at the momment she is in The Boathouse but is finding it too lonely and far from town

Cheers
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Rental in Hua Hin with social expat communities

Post by PBbeacher »

Hi,
Some ideas:

Emerald Resort, soi 112 - I hear it's a nice community to live in, but a bit of an isolated location
Baan Bon Don, Khao Takiab - heard good things, good location, but hard to find availability
Orchid Paradise Homes, Black Mountain area - good social scene, maybe quite seasonal

Not sure about the condo complexes, most of them seem too empty to have much going on socially.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Lotus Well on Soi Mon Mai just off Pala-U road 5km from town, total Swiss/German resort with all facilities and free transport to town.

Orchid Paradise has a lot of Norwegian/Swedish people and is a very nice place.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

I would also take Orchid Paradise Homes....nice settings, great people around but I agree with PBbeacher that it can be seasonal...but there are quite a bit who live there full time and the club house restaurant is with no frills, clean and reasonably good food...there is also the friday night BBQ in the club house with a good gathering. And the taxi/tuk tuk ride from OPH is only 300 THB to downtown Hilton in a 15 minute ride.
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Most of the expat ladies are members of chickynet which is a social group for ladies, they meet quite often for luncheons etc. Might be of interest to your friend
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

We only manage a few rentals. Tropical hill 2 has a decent clubhouse and facilities; Reasonable rents as well. Most of the condos are very impersonal. My mum does chickyenet, book swap, ladies lunch club etc. I work otherwise I would have to do something drastic like play golf.

Crazy 88
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

if you live in tropical hill 2 you'll need a car or motorbike to go anywhere. (aside from 2 restaurants walking distance down the road.) tropical hill 1 has no social life (it's just before tropical hill 2 but there are lots of empty house for rent and it's a short walk to #2.