Condochain Condos, 145 Phetkasem Road

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
newboy
Novice
Novice

Condochain Condos, 145 Phetkasem Road

Post by newboy »

Does anybody know anything about the quality of the above condos? How far from town centre? Prices? Thanks
john
Novice
Novice

Post by john »

It's about a 15 minute walk to town About 2 kilometers. Rent is about 7000 Baht a month for a studio and double for a one bedroom (2 rooms) it is the least epensive place in H H at the beach (150 yards) and close to town. Rooms vary in condition based on owners but they have started to upgrade the facilitiesd recently and it is usually booked well in advance of the high season.
cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

Hi Newboy,
I recently returned from HH and stayed in Condochain for 6.5 months. It was like a down market Travel Lodge (in the UK), but I found it perfectly adequate for my needs. The room I had was owned by themselves, no frills; furnished, 2 single beds, bath/shower/toilet, fridge, tv (no satellite) and balcony (cleaning, water & electric extra, but no more than 1000 baht a month). The "complex" has a pool and 24hr security and all -in-all I found it good value for 6500 baht a month, which equates to approx 209 baht a night!!
It's ideally situated, 150 mtrs from the beach down a small Soi, there's a shop and laundry on the site and Thai restaurants just across the road. As John said, it's about 2kms from town, a 20 min walk (a good way to get rid of a hangover in the morning is to walk into town along the beach!!) There are cheaper rooms @ 6000b a month, and they charge 800b a night for short periods, for which you could probably do better elsewhere.
Enjoy your stay wherever you end up :thumb:
easy for me
Rookie
Rookie

Post by easy for me »

My girlfriend asked them last week how much and they said 6,000 for the small rooms but NO CABLE.
Where is the logic in No cable. After a while it's very nice to have cable or sat.