Contacting estate agents in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Contacting estate agents in Hua Hin

Post by StevePIraq »

But to pay 4m for a house and get back 15k per month will take you 22 years to recover your investment, better to keep the cash in a good investment getting 10+% and rent here.

of course if the house only costs 1.5m it will take 8 years to recover your costs but don't forget you will have ongoing maintenance costs and other expenses.

Still not a good buy here
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

10% +, safe and guaranteed ? Enlighten us Steve :bow:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

But to pay 4m for a house and get back 15k per month will take you 22 years to recover your investment, better to keep the cash in a good investment getting 10+% and rent here.

of course if the house only costs 1.5m it will take 8 years to recover your costs but don't forget you will have ongoing maintenance costs and other expenses.

Still not a good buy here
Steve is correct, and the average price of a western style house here is around double that 4m price tag.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Almirante please check you pm inbox.

Tks,

JW
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Pagey wrote:10% +, safe and guaranteed ? Enlighten us Steve :bow:
The only thing guaranteed in life is death, even taxes can be avoided. Man do some investigation 10% is easy to get, not guaranteed but minimal risk.
Property is not a good investment anywhere at this time.

My own personal investments
One has given an average of 10.1% p/a for the last 7 years no tax
two others giving 16.67% and 18.26% ave for last five years

It isn't rocket science.

How do you think Banks make money, get deposits from suckers and give them 1% p/a then they invest and make billions.

Just look and invest in the likes of Berkshire Hathaway, like I have and you will see double digit returns every year, why bother with property in these crazy times.

Maybe we should start an investment group here and share the benefits of knowledge.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

lilianthornstrom wrote:I am planning to be in Hua Hin next week with a friend to look at Hua Hin as a place to retire and what properties we should be looking at. If anyone can offer advice on the following please:
1. If I am looking to buy a property (approximately 4 million thai baht) that I can rent out in the meantime, what are the areas that I should consider?
2. What would an expat would be looking for if they wanted to rent a place for a year or few years, other than price of course.

Everyone has their own personal requirements. A lot of good advice has been posted on here. Search the forum, visit and look around the different areas, talk to the professionals and take your time.
We spent over a year doing 'homework' and visiting the areas we liked and now have land and are having a house built.
Once you have written 10 posts, you will be able to send and receive pm's. Feel free to pm me if you would like some direction on where to find info. :thumb:

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

I definitely endorse the view that you should rent for a minimum of 6 months and take a good look around to find what suits you best. Hua Hin is becoming very congested now and if you like to visit the beach you should look further South, day to day costs are also rising much more quickly in town than in the surrounding areas.

THB 4 million can get you 1600m2 of land close to the beach and a 200m2 house with a pool if you look in the right places.

Some agents will also come out, take photos, and have your house listed on their website within 3 days if you find the right one.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

In the present climate houses are for living in and not to be used as an investment.
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

Buy a house to live in is for sure the right way to look at things but land and property has always been a great investment if you buy in the right place at the right time. Take your time, listen to good advice, and then make a purchase if you think it's right for you.
RAGE_715

Post by RAGE_715 »

I've been looking out for properties to rent in Hua Hin for almost two years now, online.

My hubby and I are about ready for the move to HH, but I've noticed that practically all real estate sites, including your sponsors, rarely change the properties for rent on their websites.

The same properties are there month after month at the same price.

Do these not get changed as properties come and go with availability?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

It really doesn't matter too much - I'd always advise you to stay in a hotel for a few days and have a good look round yourself for rentals. Much better deals that way, and you can be sure you're getting what you want where you want it.
This is the way
David Nears
Amateur
Amateur

Post by David Nears »

Some wesbites will have the same listings as they carry availability calenders,
It is similar to hotel bookings in a way,
They will stay listed even @ full occupancy,