Tessaban property tax

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tesaban Tax

Post by Nereus »

hhfarang wrote:The total tax for the last year for our properties was 89 Baht.
That's because their coffers are full from MXcross and myself. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I am resurrecting this thread because the Tessaban Tax is due before the end of February. As far as I am aware nothing has changed(yet)regarding this tax. BUT, Caveat Emptor!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Nereus wrote:I am resurrecting this thread because the Tessaban Tax is due before the end of February. As far as I am aware nothing has changed(yet)regarding this tax. BUT, Caveat Emptor!
Think nothing has changed:

Thai ownership a few baht

Company ownership much more 10,000 plus depending on size and swimming pool
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Tessaban property tax

Post by Bristolian »

^^ its not only Company ownership that increases the tax. If you have a usufruct on the property as a foreigner/spouse it also attracts the higher value.
I needed to pay catch-up as I had not paid the tax previously on our home. Therefore, ours with usufruct, was charged at 12,000 Baht/annum for 2017. Fortunately they looked kindly on me and did not charge me the full back tax that was due.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Could anyone advise what area this relates to, is it only central Hua Hin or where?

I pay my water to Pranburi hot HH so maybe I am not included in this
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB goes to the Tessebahn once a year, and they calculate our property tax. Every, they say the same i.e. "Nothing to pay, but if you buy a second home it will increase." I think she pays nothing because she is Thai.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Same here. Paid around 80 baht a few years ago but since then, nothing.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, this is the normal BS to be expected here! Originally, 10 years ago, I had a lease drawn up with my Thai "daughter" as the owner. First I got wacked up for around 35,000 Baht to register the lease. I paid up and shut up. 4 years later my daughter received a demand letter for back payment of the outstanding tax due to the Tessaban. 15,000 Baht owing for 4 years = 60,000 Baht! No getting around it, no negotiation, just pay up or else we will take you to court!

I should point out here that ALL of this was originally drawn up by a well known Thai legal company in Bangkok, whom neglected to inform me of ANY of this.

I also had a contract drawn up originally with my daughter to the effect that she borrowed the capital from me to buy the house. This also incurred some tax somewhere along the way to register it I believe. The contract was never part of the process with Land Department, and they never queried her about where the money came from.

Following the payment of the outstanding tax I found out that the reason was because the lease is regarded as a commercial business, plus my daughter should also have been paying tax on the lease money, regardless of whether or not I paid her.

We tore up the lease and my daughter went and had my name removed from the Chanote, for I think it was 80 Baht. She then went to the Tessaban where she paid 2 years rate of 9 Baht, plus 1 Baht "fine" for each year outstanding, total 20 Baht!

Since then I have gone every year and paid 9 Baht, as I did just yesterday

And these people want to have a submarine to play with! :banghead:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

@Nereus, You could not make that up even if you wanted to, it sounds like something off Monty Python
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

StevePIraq wrote:@Nereus, You could not make that up even if you wanted to, it sounds like something off Monty Python
Yeah, and I think that I mentioned earlier in the post that they came this BS about a swimming pool, where I told them that I cannot swim, and that the bronze lifesaving medal that I have was stolen! :neener:
stumorelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stumorelli »

Hope someone can clear this up for me as reading all through this post there are several different opinions.

I plan to retire to Hua Hin / Cha Am in around 12 months and plan to buy a house. My plan was to have the land in my Thai wifes name and have the house in mine. We will live there together so will this cause me any added expence regarding Tessaban tax ?