Investment Property in HH

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
appleman_thai
Amateur
Amateur

Investment Property in HH

Post by appleman_thai »

Hello to one and all.
Well after 4 years in the Kingdom I am just about to work up the courage to buy some property here. I am actively looking at buying in Hua Hin. I go there regularly for weekends and really love the place. Of course it’s getting more popular but I am hoping that is something that will help on the demand for rentals.

I have read all the interesting posts here and can understand both sides of the argument/discussion. However, I am still pushing on with my plans and am looking for some information.....................

I looked at 2 places seriously and have seen many, many other places. The first is Paradise Village, West of Hua Hin near the Elephant Village. 3 Bed, 220sqm living, 480 sqm land for 4.5m. Second, is the Orchid/Lotus/Jasmine Development from Asia Property Centre, South of Hua Hin on Soi 112. This also is 3 bed, 170sqm and 450sqm land and is going for 5.9million. Granted the quality of the building and general professionalism was a lot better but is it really worth paying that much more?

Does anyone have any info on either of these developments that they would like to share?

Finally, the reason for buying is mainly as an investment and therefore I need someone to rent the property from me. I am told from the Agents of Paradise Village that I could get 30k for peak season (5 months) and the rest is hit and miss. I am told by Asia Property Centre that I can get 30k per month all year round and that they have a waiting list. Well, can I really get that 30k? I looked at rental prices online and in newspapers and I have seem places on the beach for 20k per month. Would people really pay 30k? Is there enough farangs living there longterm who want to rent out at 30k?

If someone living in Hua Hin could give me a better indication of the rental market that would be great – thanks

Has anyone heard anything about getting local finance? I am working here already 4 years with full work permit. I have all the right demographics but am looking for a Bank who is willing to lend to a foreigner to buy thai property. I have heard HSBC target the expat market – any confirmation on this?
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: Investment Property in HH

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

appleman_thai wrote:..................
Has anyone heard anything about getting local finance? I am working here already 4 years with full work permit. I have all the right demographics but am looking for a Bank who is willing to lend to a foreigner to buy thai property. I have heard HSBC target the expat market – any confirmation on this?
From http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 0&p=422301&

quote "The rent I am paying now should easily cover the mortgage that I am applying for (I should get confirmation on that any day soon)" quote
appleman_thai
Amateur
Amateur

Post by appleman_thai »

Malcolm,
and your point is.....................................????

Yes, I posted on thaivisa as well.... but included details relating to property in Bangkok also. I left those details out of the Hua Hin post...

malcolminthemiddle wrote:
appleman_thai wrote:..................
From http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 0&p=422301&

quote "The rent I am paying now should easily cover the mortgage that I am applying for (I should get confirmation on that any day soon)" quote
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Apologies if I misunderstood your posts.
appleman_thai wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about getting local finance? I am working here already 4 years with full work permit. I have all the right demographics but am looking for a Bank who is willing to lend to a foreigner to buy thai property.
You could try the bank that is willing to give you a mortgage on a BKK condo?
appleman_thai
Amateur
Amateur

Only for a Condo

Post by appleman_thai »

Unfortunately SCB will only give a mortgage for a condo and not a house so I have to find another bank for Hua Hin.