Which is the Best Area In Hua Hin to Settle?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
av8er

Which is the Best Area In Hua Hin to Settle?

Post by av8er »

O.K. If this doesn't set the cat among the pigeons, I don't know what will! (BTW, that's not the point of this post, it's just an honest endeavour to pick the brains of people in the know, i.e. YOU!!) Simply, which is best: North or South? I guess by way of clarification we should agree some ground rules. I'm thinking of soi 72 as the mid-point-and please correct me if you disagree! Although I know Bangkok as an expat, the truth is I only know Hua Hin as a tourist, although I like to think of myself as a well-informed tourist :D We-my Thai wife and I-saw some beautiful houses in both areas, and as we stand right now, would happily settle in either area. So, come on, give us the low down. Which area is better and why? Thanks. :cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Which is the Best Area In Hua Hin to Settle?

Post by GLCQuantum »

It depends what your preferences are really. Everbody has a different idea of what is a nice spot for them. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I can't begin to imagine why this thread could be controversial.
Can't begin to imagine how it can be answered, either, to be honest - far too many variables.

In fact, the OP has answered it himself...
We-my Thai wife and I-saw some beautiful houses in both areas, and as we stand right now, would happily settle in either area.
End of thread really... :laugh:
This is the way
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Go East! Boat on the water....then you can have it all.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
av8er

Post by av8er »

Great, thanks guys. i asked for-and deferred to local knowledge-a valuable souce of information, and all you did was smart-mouth me. I hope I can repay the favour one day. If you can't help-don't hinder.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

av8er wrote: If you can't help-don't hinder.
And if you ask a silly question...

You don't really want us to tell you where to live, do you?

I live south of town now, but I might just as easily be living north. I used to live central, and have also lived in Cha-am. They were all fine. :cheers:
This is the way
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

My seeing eye smells a troll....

:troll:
A friend is only one click away
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Directly west of the centre of town for me (up soi 88), easy to the golf courses, good breezes and really peaceful at night. :)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Without stating/mentioning your interests, eating out habits, hatred of soi dogs, hobbies, late night entertainment likes/dislikes, wether you will have your own transport, patience with noisier streets, wealth, disdane of nosyness within neigbors....I could go on but am getting bored now -it's a stab in the dark to answer your question. I find it hard to believe you didn't realise that. :?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

OP

Come and rent. Then cruise until you find what you want. One mans meat is another mans poison
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

It probably depends on how much money you have.........like many other things too.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

richard wrote:OP

Come and rent. Then cruise until you find what you want. One mans meat is another mans poison
Rent for sure, plenty of choice and cheap.

What are you looking for?

City, Sea, Country?

Constant change at HH.

:naughty:
toeknee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by toeknee »

JW

dont tell them about the over the hill part of soi 88 and all its benifits... we want to keep it a secret
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Sorry toeknee, but it is a great spot! lol :cheers:
av8er

Post by av8er »

Lung Per wrote:My seeing eye smells a troll....

:troll:
Lung Per, I assure you I am not a troll. I would rather go back to being a passive observer than an active participant, if being the latter is going to upset people. I learnt long ago that "local knowledge" is a valuable tho' underated commodity, and I have found valuable information on many subjects, simply by putting Alpha male conceit to one side and asking people better informed than I am. I guess on the subjects of karaoke bars, soi dogs, unpleasant smells etc that another poster raised, I'm no different from anyone in that I want to find the balance between having everything close to hand, yet not so close that I can't block it out when I want a quiet night in. I'd like to be as close to the beach as the budget will allow-not very!-and, as another poster queried, to have "everything"-restaurants, bars, shopping etc within a 10-15 minute drive. We liked "Kiri Nakara" to the North, and "Hua Hin Horizon" to the South. It was a simple, honest attempt to engage with the people who will soon be my neighbours, and I really have no interest in engaging in vituperative point-scoring with anyone.