Name on Building Permit

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
certocito

Name on Building Permit

Post by certocito »

I'm trying to clear up a question about the building permit issued for a property. Does anyone know for sure if the owners name needs to be on the permit (or Company name if you buy via that route) or is it only necessary to have the developers name on the permit.
I'm told that you need your own name on the permit should you wish to sell the property - and if that is the case does the new owner of the property have to have their name on the permit after sale..???
Would appreciate some clear advice about this one...
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Re: Name on Building Permit

Post by zeitgeist »

The only name required on the building permit is of the person/company who originally applied for, and received, permission to build. The land office only need to see permission was granted. It does not require updating when ownership changes.

I'm not 100% percent sure you can change the name on the permit anyway, I'll try to find out.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

My wife has had an offer on her townhouse which she is considering. We are not living in Thailand so we contacted a legal firm in Hua Hin to see if they could sell it on our behalf without the need for us to return to Thailand.

They said we needed to provide them with 3 documents; 1. Tabian Ban (blue book), 2. Chanote (land ownership). 3. Either a Building Permit, or a Land Office generated transfer document.

She has the first two but is confused about the third, says she has never seen that.

So we rang the Land Office to check. They apparently said that she only needs the first two documents if she turns up there in person with her ID card.

So then I contacted another lawyer who that it might be possible to do the ownership transfer without the 3rd document.

A friend has informed me that the Land Office just needs to see that a Building Permit was issued to the original owner.

Can anyone clarify? I don't want my wife to travel back to Thailand to sell the townhouse only to be told she can't because she doesn't have all the correct documentation.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

The third document you will need is Baht, that will make it a smooth transaction.

Kendo. :D
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

kendo wrote:The third document you will need is Baht, that will make it a smooth transaction.

Kendo. :D
True and in more than triplicate! :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

It is very worthwhile to have the Tor.Ror.900 (Tor Ror Gow Roy) which is the application for the building license.
Happiness can't buy money
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

^I thought that was for the house number and blue book application.
build permit comes before that.
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

It is the application for the building license. Trust me, I have just been through chasing it down at the tessaban.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Apologies to splitlid, he is correct and I am revealed as a doofus.
Been chasing lots of paper recently and got confused.
:banghead: