Have house prices really become that ridiculous in Hua Hin?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Have house prices really become that ridiculous in Hua Hin?

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sorry - Off topic...

Just looking at the little ad after the OP. Showing a house for sale at 17.5 million. Decent enough looking place but at almost double the normal cost for something like that. Now if it's in prime location - fair enough. If it's just any old place around town... have house prices really become that ridiculous in Hua Hin?

Edit: Just realised we probably won't all be seeing the same ad. It's a red bull ad now
Sexy Jonny
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Have house prices really become that ridiculous in Hua H

Post by Sexy Jonny »

17.5 million for a House in Hua Hin ? How many m2 for the land and house ?
Pacman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pacman »

Can you give me an idea, where is the house location?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

[quote="GLCQuantum"]Sorry - Off topic...

.. have house prices really become that ridiculous in Hua Hin?
The short answer is: YES!
A friend is only one click away
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Are they selling though?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
seanbraun
Novice
Novice

Post by seanbraun »

I think price is more as compare to market ruining condition value house prices really become expensive.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

All houses in HH are not extremely expensive and there will always be exorbitantly priced property in every country, it is only a crazy price to some, to those who can afford it then it is realistic for what they want.

My concern is the oversupply of new properties both houses and condos and these in general are not excessively priced. I would day they are much the same as five years ago. With this oversupply they have killed the second hand market. In the development I live there are over ten homes for sale and all have been on the market for a long period. I have checked the prices by contacting the owners and apart from two all are going for less than they cost new and still they don't sell.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Diavel
Novice
Novice

Post by Diavel »

Is there such thing as a land registry with prices paid so you can actually see priced transactions rather than just asking price?
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

I have been looking at houses for a almost 2 years. Many of the houses listed online by real estate seem very over priced. Maybe the agents give the owners false hopes thats why they have been on the market forever. As StevePIraq mentioned there are many new condo/home developments available for less. Second hand homes should be prefered TBH as the structure has been in place long enough to know if subsidence will be an issue or not. Also you can see how the up keep on the village is managed. Thais want new homes for the "face" factor and many villages are starting to look run down especially the ones that never sold out.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Hua Hin and the surrounding area has expensive prices compared to other areas in the same way that Bournemouth is more expensive tha Bradford. What I have found is that local knowledge and language can make a big difference. My stepson sourced the land where I plan to build and by staying well out of the way a good price was obtained.

It may well be different for the larger developments with better infrastructure but with patience I know from experience that the value of our present house has risen considerably as the town has expanded.

It will probably cost me less building from scratch than buying second hand and allows me to hopefully get the house I want. Lots of positives and negatives but all the time you can buy or build a well appointed house for less tha half the price of something inferior in the west it will prove attractive to foreigners.

Ultimately it will come down to whether the buyer is prepared to pay the asking price. I think it is expensive in this area but have no idea if the bubble has burst or is likely to do so in the near future.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Location location location
Happiness can't buy money