Long Term Rental In Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
buksida

Re: Long Term Rental In Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

Here is a good guide to doing the legwork and finding your own for those that don't want to use an agent/website (obviously it involves more work on your part):
http://www.expathuahin.com/renting-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bkistheone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bkistheone »

thanks Ace, yes im booked in for a week.. will take the advice and look around for signs for rent etc... btw my dogs name is Ace lol
Awu

Post by Awu »

Just remember to bargain, a lot..
Otherwise you destroy the market coz as someone said it what people are willing to pay that set the price, so bargain.

I pay 25000/month for a big 3 bedroom fully furnished house, only 4 years old located right next to the communal swimmingpool and this is in one of the most central villages 2 km up in Soi 88.
Best way to find a house is to rent a motorbike and drive around and look and talk to people.
Easiest way is to go to a property agent but then you have to pay atleast 5000/month to much, and that´s if you bargain good.

Tip.
In Soi 102 there is plenty of house for rent, ex in a small village La Sierra you can rent a brand new fully furnished 2 bedrom house with small private pool and a nice sun terace on the roof for 24.000 baht. A property agent want 35.000 for the same house.
For me 102 is a bit far away from center but take a look.
If you can imagine to live a bit more away from center it will be easy for you to find a house.
So the first thing you do, don´t go to the property agent..
bkistheone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bkistheone »

Thx all have now found a place right in the beach and am extremely happy appreciate all the help
Sexy Jonny
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sexy Jonny »

Easy to found in Hua Hin as everywhere in Thailand. A lot of long term offers furnished rentals are display everywhere on the road
flexthai
Novice
Novice

Post by flexthai »

Glad to hear that there are more affordable places, even big houses for 25k, as this web-site that somebody provided in this thread seems to indicate that it is bloody expensive .... but perhaps there are people paying these inflated prices. My budget (for next year arrival) will be 30k max.
FrankBE
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FrankBE »

flexthai wrote:Glad to hear that there are more affordable places, even big houses for 25k, as this web-site that somebody provided in this thread seems to indicate that it is bloody expensive .... but perhaps there are people paying these inflated prices. My budget (for next year arrival) will be 30k max.
For 30k you can have a very nice place with swimmingpool.
---> private search !
Take your time and drive around...
:cheers:
flexthai
Novice
Novice

Post by flexthai »

Great Frank, makes me want to go now :-)
Antaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Antaro »

bkistheone wrote:Hi, we are arriving in Hua Hin on Sunday and are looking for long term furnished rentals for at least one year. Can anybody recommend any good agents etc..

alexjf
Novice
Novice

Post by alexjf »

Hi all, I thought I'd ask in here instead of starting a new thread.

I'll be arriving in Hua Hin mid-January and plan to stay in a hotel for a few days while I look for a 2-month rental (~20k baht, studio or 1br, reasonably near the beach). Since it will be high season by then, would I have a hard time finding a short-term rental at such short notice?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Quite possibly, this is another advantage of going via property rental websites and using an agent because you can book in advance. Most people on here tend to slag them off though but they ignore the fact that the little extra you pay for listed or managed rentals is for someone else to do all the work for you.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

buksida wrote: Most people on here tend to slag them off though but they ignore the fact that the little extra you pay for listed or managed rentals is for someone else to do all the work for you.
A bit unfair, Buksi. If you're looking for a short-term holiday let, like alexjf, the agents are a good place to start. If you live here and want a long-term home on a budget, you're better off looking around yourself.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote:A bit unfair, Buksi. If you're looking for a short-term holiday let, like alexjf, the agents are a good place to start. If you live here and want a long-term home on a budget, you're better off looking around yourself.
My point exactly, if you want to save a few bucks and want a cheap Thai house you have to make the calls and do the leg work yourself. If you want a pool villa for a couple of months, booked and secured in advance, at a fraction of the cost of a hotel just click the button. There are cheaper rentals listed on the websites also but they are fewer in numbers because the owners dont want to pay commissions.
fpvguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by fpvguy »

Hey folks, I'm yet to introduce myself, but I'm kind of in a hurry now, as I need to take a rapid decision.
So we are renting a place now for 12k a month, and the lady owner called us Yesterday and said he has someone else interested to take the rent over for a year. We really like it here and not willing to give up so easy, I asked her how much she wants for a year then. Her price was 11.5k for a year.
Well, that sounds way to expensive to me, considering I have to pay so much upfront.
So, what's the situation really, how much of a bargain can I possibly expect paying for the house annually?!
Thanks a lot
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fpvguy wrote:Hey folks, I'm yet to introduce myself, but I'm kind of in a hurry now, as I need to take a rapid decision.
So we are renting a place now for 12k a month, and the lady owner called us Yesterday and said he has someone else interested to take the rent over for a year. We really like it here and not willing to give up so easy, I asked her how much she wants for a year then. Her price was 11.5k for a year.
Well, that sounds way to expensive to me, considering I have to pay so much upfront.
So, what's the situation really, how much of a bargain can I possibly expect paying for the house annually?!
Thanks a lot
The lower the monthly rent the smaller the discount. I reckon that the average is about 10% so in your case you are looking at a max of about 1000 a month, so you are looking at a difference of only 500 baht or so - if you like it that much then I don't think its worth losing over such a small amount. It's not normal to pay more than 2 months in advance and then monthly or quarterly thereafter.