HELP-Building materials where can i buy ?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
old man
Amateur
Amateur

HELP-Building materials where can i buy ?

Post by old man »

Hi after along search round Hua Hin builders merchants being look at as if i come from Mars everytime i ask for PERFORATED PLASTIC 100MIL LAND DRAINAGE PIPE. I then look on internet they have in Europe,Australia,America,Africa,India,New Zealand and a hell of a lot made in China--why none here have government banned it?If anyone know please reply here as i not want to spend time drilling solid pipes---would be great help thanks
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: HELP-Building materials where can i buy ?

Post by Frank Hovis »

Sometimes I see government trucks with this on the back, it's purple but I've never seen it in a builders shop so I've no idea where they get it from.
You could just buy the 4" blue PVC and have at it with an angle grinder.
The blue PVC is a lot more robust looking than the purple perforated stuff I've seen and the purple stuff is perforated on all sides but for drainage you only want it perforated on the downward facing side really.

Edit - An angle grinder with a diamond blade is like a hot knife through butter, you can perforate a 4 metre length in less than a minute, lots of dust though.
Last edited by Frank Hovis on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Print out a pic and take it with you.
This is the way
old man
Amateur
Amateur

Post by old man »

hI I THANKS FOR REPLIES WENT ROUND MERCHANTS WITH THAI WIFE SHE LIVED 10 YEARS WITH ME IN UK AND HAS SEEN THE PIPE ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY THE PURPLE LAND DRAINPIPE