Resale Villas on Palm Hills? Comments and advice

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Resale Villas on Palm Hills? Comments and advice

Post by SunandFun »

Hello friends and Palm Hills Residents.

Although this is an old thread, and one I added some comments to some time back, I now have some interest and questions about the property at Palm Hills.

1) What is the status of the common fees dispute between the Land owners and the golf course owner? If resolved is it a fair resolution?

2) What are the building regulations for a plot of land?

3) Can you use any builder you choose?

4) Can you build any style or size of house on any plot?

5) Is there someone with Palm Hills who sells and markets House/villa sales? Plot Sales? House rentals?

6) Does Palm Hills have a Property Builder?

7) Any other helpful information, comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advise you may give.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

1) What is the status of the common fees dispute between the Land owners and the golf course owner? If resolved is it a fair resolution? The Moo Ban paperwork has been filed and is working it's way through the Thai court system... The services have improved along with the ongoing dispute... We continue to pay the old common fee rate until resolved...

2) What are the building regulations for a plot of land? As you will see driving around the PH community there are many custom built homes... We actually looked at buying lot and building on it and there wasn't any restrictions that were mentioned in any of our conversations.

3) Can you use any builder you choose? Yes you can and I would ask around for references on that before you commit.. There is a lot of Scope creep in the Thai construction ranks... A good quality honest builder can be found I have been toild when I was looking at building.

4) Can you build any style or size of house on any plot? Yes within reson, meaning will it fit in the type of lot you purchase.. There are some lots shallow and wide, other narrow and deep and even pie shaped.. So depending on the style and size of home I would look the the proper plot to make that work.

5) Is there someone with Palm Hills who sells and markets House/villa sales? Plot Sales? House rentals? Yes they have their own team, but most of the plots are owned by private owners and many are for sale.

6) Does Palm Hills have a Property Builder? They must have as they are doing some building in the area, just not sure of the connection to PH...

7) Any other helpful information, comments or suggestions? After looking all over the Cha-am and HH area we kept coming back to PH as the community we wanted to live in... It just feels right to us, see my previous post in this thread.. We have finally moved our goods over in a 40ft conatainer and have the house setup to make it our home... We couldn't be happier with our choice, the area is very quiet and relaxing, the golf course is right in the backyard, the memberships make the price doable for playing often. The area is very pleasant and safe with no issues that I have seen or heard about. I have had many chats with folks that have lived here for years and they all say the same thing... I just wish they would take out the speed bumps so the drive in would be easy and smooth... I know they feel these keep the craziness down, but really in a gated community I don't find them to be required... I would be happy to chat or speak offline.... Good luck with your search and finding your new home...
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Thanks Boz. I was hoping you would give a reply. This is very helpful. I will PM you after I get a few more comments.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thaibrit welcome to the forum please note you will need ten posts before you can use the PM function.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

kendo wrote:Thaibrit welcome to the forum please note you will need ten posts before you can use the PM function.
Hmm, as he has been waiting for that for just over 1 year, I guess he gave up! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Very difficult to sell a house that is on the market for more than 20 million baht. Of course foreigners cannot own land either so you have to do a 30 year lease or put it in a Thai's name. Houses that are 5 million or less are much easier to sell. Very good advice to rent a house, especially if you are new to Thailand and most people think a big house is their dream house but after a few years they realise that a smaller house is what they want. I would recommend that you dont buy a big house in Palm Hills until you are certain that you will want to spend the rest of your life living there.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

I was told last year that there was a major court case being taken by the residents against the Palm Hills owners. Their complaint was the ever increasing maintenance payments and to legally take control themselves and run the costs accordingly.

If this is still ongoing it should be looked into by any buyer.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
only_me
Novice
Novice

Post by only_me »

musungu wrote:I was told last year that there was a major court case being taken by the residents against the Palm Hills owners. Their complaint was the ever increasing maintenance payments and to legally take control themselves and run the costs accordingly.

If this is still ongoing it should be looked into by any buyer.
This would interest me too, was there a resolution to the issues on the estate?
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

The dispute as referred to is still working through the courts, they had to resubmit the filing due to too many properties being sold (changing hands) that works off a percentage of plots.... The MooBan is a work in progress... A positive of this entire process has been an increase in services and quality. I have no complaints up to now on the service level we are receiving from the golf course owner and his staff.... Happy owner here!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

The Palm Hills Moo Baan application is currently not in dispute or in the courts but remains with the Cha Am Land Department for processing. Changes in Ownership after the application was registered is not a valid reason to reject the application.

The majority of residents continue to question Palm Hills legal right to charge and dictate fees for common services. This issue remains to be resolved.

Meanwhile, the majority of residents are satisfied with the quality and level of common services being provided at Palm Hills.

We hope this corrects any misconception. Further information can be obtained by contacting the Palm Hills Resident Association (PHRA) directly, their email is ph.residents.committee@gmail.com.. .