Building Heights for condos in Hua Hin South or Khao Takiab?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Sunshine123
Novice
Novice

Building Heights for condos in Hua Hin South or Khao Takiab?

Post by Sunshine123 »

We are interested to buy a condo in Hua Hin South or Khao Takiab. As it is not directly on the beach we fear that there might be a building in front of us in the future so that we loose the direct seaview.
Does anybody know about the allowed building heights (e. g. number of storeys) dependent on the distance from the sea (for example: 150 m away from the beach you are allowed to build 10 storeys). Or where can I get a mandatory advice as I am not in Thailand?

Any recommendation would be helpful.

THANK YOU!!!

Sunshine123
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Building Heights for condos in Hua Hin South or Khao Tak

Post by ste860 »

search for view talay condos pattaya ,i recall a good few years/tears ago they had problems with condos built too near the beach ,if i remember right its not the beach that its measured from but the mean tide and its so many metres from there

we bought in pattaya 20 years ago and were told our sea view was guaraunted , it was until they built right in front ,they simply step the building similar to the hilton design
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

The only guarantee is if you are on the ocean front. If there is room for a building, all bets off. Which building are you considering buying from? That may help us to better advise. I have seen top class builders, develop one plot, sell it, construct it. Then buy the next plot between them and the ocean, sell it, develop it and move on. All the time knowing they had sold the first plot, with an understanding nothing would come into their view. So, unless it's ocean front view, you might be better with a pool view. At least you know that view will not change.
Look at The Breeze in Khao Takieb as an example. Good luck.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Sunshine123
Novice
Novice

Post by Sunshine123 »

Thanks for your reply.

Although I know about laws and their acceptance in Thailand I am still interested in the exact details. I heard that you are allowed to build a condo 8 floors high if you have a minimum distance of 150 or 200 (???) meters from mean high tide level. And if you have a smaller distance you are only allowed to build 4 floors high. Is this correct?
It would be helpful to get a reliable answer.

Thank you!
Sunshine123
Soondae

Post by Soondae »

Yes Sunshine,

The laws went into effect about 2007 that there will be no more high rises as you see toward Cha-Am. I purchased at Tira Tiraa before they broke ground and it was explained to me that the new laws limit all new construction to maximum 8 stories.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The main purpose of the regulations is so that they can extract more money under the table from developers to ignore them. As other posters have said IF there is land between you and the beach itWILL be built on and as high as they like.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

I study this website before I choose my condo in Khao Tao. I hope that can help you too. Although that is regulation for building heights for Phuket, I find it apply to Khao Takiab and Khao Tao too.

http://www.thephuketlandbuster.com/zoning_in_phuket.htm

What I learn is the first 50 meters to beach head is only allow to build a build less then 6 meters high or less then two story. From 50meter to 150 meter only allow for four story building.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

AFAIK, HM offered that he didn't really like to see buildings much above tree height in HH.
Message sent and received.
If you buy into building with open ground in front, som nom na.
No whining later on.
Happiness can't buy money
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think some people are not comprehending. I will repeat, what others have said--- the purpose of regulations isNOT to regulate but be a source if income when bribes are passed to ignore them.
If there is land between you and the beach then you can assume that your view will be blocked.eventually.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

This project will be finished in 2016 at Khao Tao. I'd like to ask opinion about build A3 at master plan.

[Mod Edit] Real Estate links are not permitted.

Can the fourth floor of A3 see the beach in 2016? According the regulation, it may because the building in front could not be more than 6 meters.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

OrchidClock wrote: Can the fourth floor of A3 see the beach in 2016? According the regulation, it may because the building in front could not be more than 6 meters.
An impossible question but...can the 4th floor of A3 see the beach now? Whats in front of it now? Empty land?
Even if it can see the beach in 2016 you won't know if it can see the beach in 2017!
You mention the regulations, are these the actual regulations or taken from the real estate agents website quoted earlier? If you are in Hua Hin you can visit the municipality and ask for the actual regs.

I agree with previous comments regarding if you buy a condo with land in front of your view than you are taking a big risk that the view will be spoiled.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

zeitgeist wrote:
OrchidClock wrote: Can the fourth floor of A3 see the beach in 2016? According the regulation, it may because the building in front could not be more than 6 meters.
An impossible question but...can the 4th floor of A3 see the beach now? Whats in front of it now? Empty land?
Even if it can see the beach in 2016 you won't know if it can see the beach in 2017!
You mention the regulations, are these the actual regulations or taken from the real estate agents website quoted earlier? If you are in Hua Hin you can visit the municipality and ask for the actual regs.

I agree with previous comments regarding if you buy a condo with land in front of your view than you are taking a big risk that the view will be spoiled.
Very help comments, thank you! I shall visit HuaHin later next month. I think to visit the municipality office is good idea. Is any friend know where is the office? Which department should i ask for the land use?