Hua Hin villa estates tips and tricks anyone?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
markt
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin villa estates tips and tricks anyone?

Post by markt »

Hello all
Looking for any tips on the better Hua Hin managed estates to live in. Will be looking to buy (in my Thai wifes name) a single floor villa over the next few months. I have visited Hua Hin a few short times but could never get my head around the lay-out and where the better residential areas are. Presently reside in Phuket but need live closer to Bangkok for a few reasons. Our budget is around 8 - 9.5 million Baht and places like Crystal View and the Orchid Palm developments look interesting. Any feedback good or bad on these for mentioned and any other similar estates would be greatly appreciated, feel free to PM me also if you wish.
Thanks to all who can help.
Mark
:cheers:
boonsies
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hua Hin villa estates tips and tricks anyone?

Post by boonsies »

Go and have a look behind the orchid palms real estate, Smarthouse The Valley, good contractor and nice plots still available. :)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Speaking of Orchid Palms... that's the best development builder in Hua Hin... on the sixth or seventh development now and all sold out before the first house was built... Soi 88 and off Soi 112 near Banyan golf course. I've built two houses in Thailand and used several builders/contractors and nobody I've seen matches their quality. They've won several awards for developments and design.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Grunter

Post by Grunter »

Yeah we live in Orchard Palms Project 5 on Soi #88 & from all the places we looked at when we were looking around have found the quality of the houses & the area to be the best for what we wanted. Some del nice houses in our area as well
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

If that is the area you like then you should look at Whitestone and Red Mountain also.
Grunter

Post by Grunter »

Thanks will have to check those areas out as well. We are still to look around the Golf course areas as we'll, not that I play golf it is just the houses looked good on the internet in that area.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Will add my voice to hhfarang about Orchid Palm. Lived in 4th development for over 2 years and you cannot beat the quality and service you will receive in that development.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thanks will have to check those areas out as well. We are still to look around the Golf course areas as we'll, not that I play golf it is just the houses looked good on the internet in that area.
You'll pay a premium for a house on a golf course just because it's on or near a course and not because it's any better than other houses. So if you are willing to pay for the "golf view" then you might want to do that, but the other consideration of living on a golf course here is that there is only one (that I know of) with adjacent housing that is near/in town and that would be Palm Hills. I would not want to live at Black Mountain for instance even though the homes are beautiful because of its isolated location. After dark, when all the golfers go home, I imagine it is like living in the middle of nowhere.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Deductions after reading the Property & Real Estate Forum.

Post by OrchidClock »

If I want to buy a villa, I should wait till I can get a villa in Orchid Palm, then I shall have no problem in future.

Because it is good guy who built the villa and lived by good guy.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I think there is 1 plot remaining for sale at The Views by Orchid Palm.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The Orchid Palms builder also has a new development going up fast on the road off Soi 112 on the way to Banyan golf course... not sure what it's called.
markt
Novice
Novice

Post by markt »

Thanks to all the posters here so far - can anyone give any feedback on Crystal View estate?
sticks

Post by sticks »

What kind of feedback are you looking for? There's two new houses being built at the moment and only one empty plot left but there are quite a few resales also there are property's to rent for long or short term, ask away and I will try to answer your questions.
Sticks
markt
Novice
Novice

Post by markt »

sticks wrote:What kind of feedback are you looking for? There's two new houses being built at the moment and only one empty plot left but there are quite a few resales also there are property's to rent for long or short term, ask away and I will try to answer your questions.
Sticks
I am not in Hua Hin so i cant just do a visit at present. Have seen several houses for sale on the net & look good (well in the pics anyway) Not looking to build.
Looking for positives & negatives on Crystal View Villa -
[*]location, ie flooding issues, road problems, overall position to shops etc,
[*]estate management
[*]quality of estate houses that have been built
[*]any other issues that anyone else can mention ie the best of and worst of Crystal View
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

[*]location, ie flooding issues, road problems, overall position to shops etc,
[*]estate management
[*]quality of estate houses that have been built
[*]any other issues that anyone else can mention ie the best of and worst of Crystal View
Location is ok, only 10 minutes to downtown, Tesco located nearby, a few small restaurants and shops and 3 7/11s nearby, no flooding issues, road outside development is horrible but is scheduled to be resurfaced whenever the municipality gets around to it.

Estate management has had many problems. Can't elaborate on public forum.

Quality varies depending on the house. None are of the quality being built now as the builder was learning as he went and the earlier built houses are worse than the later built ones (construction of the existing development took around 5 years).

Sometimes has problems with water delivery from the main and you have to pay inflated prices for trucked in water.