Life on the Dark Side - (The Black Mountain) - Pros

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Krys
Novice
Novice

Re: Life on the Dark Side - (The Black Mountain) - Pros

Post by Krys »

I did it already ... but solution is hard to find because too mcuh people said villa is the best and other one says villa will not be your's .., becarfull in 30 year's
of course I will listen all , but who know exactly what it will happen'd in 30 year's with owner of land ?
what he will decided to do ?

Then, condo is realy the best way ? not sure especialy when I look at the last project , some of them look like not realy "strong", some are realy near sea and if water ... some other are in a realy busy place

is why I "need" all your advised..
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Life on the Dark Side - (The Black Mountain) - Pros

Post by Frank La Rue »

Interesting to go over all the answers again to this initial post - It becomes obvious, at least to me, that renting initially is the right thing to do.
Getting a feel for the immediate environment, i.e the development you rent in where you think you might want to buy, gaging condo versus single home, getting a feel for developing a regular lifestyle in Hua Hin etc.
Last year we never actually went to Hua Hin as my thai wife in some triangular operation managed on very short notice before I jumped on the plane (son and her were already in Thailand during son's school holiday) to sell our appartment in Bangkok and buy a townhouse in Palamsong for the same price. Behind it was a hillarious story about a Major in the Thai Navy who is a school mate of wife's sister's husband who has a wife in Korat and a Mia Noi in Bangkok. The Mia got pregnant and he felt he had to fix her up with an appartment.
I only met the lady and got wim of the story when sitting in the reception area with my brother - in - law talking, whilst the ladies were finalizing the transaction and hand over of appartment. A late 40ish, handsom Thai suddenly appeared and talked palsy with my brother - in - law, in sivilian clothing but stylish shoes which I recognized from a visit we had made to the Navy restaurant by BKK river earlier in the stay. I gently enquired about his shoes later and got the story.
I never had much say in the matter as it happened very fast but we got within 5 minutes drive from wifey's sister so I was OK with it. The place is new and has a communal swiming pool, a much better life than the appartment in central Bangkok.

Anyway, the pull from Hua Hin is still there.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.