Construction inspections needed

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Markwiliams
Rookie
Rookie

Construction inspections needed

Post by Markwiliams »

Hi

I'm looking for someone who will be able to help me supervise finishing the construction of my house in Hua Hin. The house structure is about 70% built. Building has been stopped for several years. In the next month or so I will be coming to Hua Hin to meet with potential builders to finish the house.

I do not live in Hua Hin and will not be able to get there as often as I would like as the house is being finished.
I'm looking for someone who can visit the site every day to keep a check on the the progress and inspect typical things which need to be inspected.
I'm sure there must be some retired guys with building experience and time on their hands who would be interested to do this for a fee.

Does anyone know someone who has done this kind of thing in Hua Hin, or someone who might be interested to do it?

Many thanks
Mark
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Construction inspections needed

Post by Norseman »

I believe you have to come up with a soi number before anybody is able to answer your post.
If I live in soi 6, no way I want to drive all the way to soi 112 just to check the progress of building a house.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Hi Mark,

I might be happy to, provided there was an understanding about limitations of liability (that is, it not my fault if your builders don't turn up when they say they will!)

Post your email address and location (or get to 10 posts and then PM me) and we can arrange a meet to discuss.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Hi Mark,
I know someone who may be interested if your after a second opinion/offer. Will see him today and ask,
good luck :)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

Hi Mark,
sounds like you need a project manager, PM me when you have enough posts.
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Markwiliams
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Markwiliams »

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses. The house is on soi 114. I haven't reached 10 posts so I can't pm. It also won't let me include my email address until I have reached 10 posts. I will soon.

Many thanks
Mark
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Mark,

There's a problem with my profile which means I can't send PMs. Can you please PM me your email address and I'll get back to you?

Thanks

PDM