Block Wall

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Block Wall

Post by migrant »

I was wondering the cost of a good block wall. Nothing fancy, but good quality

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Block Wall

Post by STEVE G »

I think it works out at around 2000 bt a meter for a two meter high rendered block wall but that is just based on what I remember being quoted a while ago. We used to have several members in the property development business but they don't seem active on here anymore.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

^ 2k a linear meter is pretty much in the ball park, without painting.
you could do it cheaper by sourcing the materials and just getting the labour, but is it worth the hassle?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

My wife just asked our builder what the current cost for walls is. He quoted 2500 per metre.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks! That gives me a idea of my costs
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Get a Labor only quotation then let them tell you what they need and source materials yourself. Should save some baht as suggested earlier.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Splitlid is spot on for price on a standard garden wall built on good ground. 2500 per linear metre is a little OTT for a standard garden wall if that is what we are talking about. If you get a cheap quote question the materials to be used, the size and depth of the foundation pads, steelwork etc. Have it double checked then monitor it throughout or a cheap quote will scrimp on everything they can.

Crazy 88