Can anyone comment on living in Condochain?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Vince & Lin
Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone comment on living in Condochain?

Post by Vince & Lin »

Hi Everyone,

If there is anyone here that has or is currently living in the condo building in Hua Hin "Condochain"?

We will be staying in Hua Hin from Feb to April and at that time will be looking for places to move from Chiang Mai on June 1st. I am hoping we will have some room to negotiate for a year lease at that time.

How is the maintenance of the building, elevators, pool and public spaces?

How much do you pay for unit of electricity?

Is there a management office in the building to be able to show units?

Is there 24/7 security?

Finally, how was your experience living there and would you recommend it? If not, is there a condo you would recommend? We want easy access to the beach for sunrises and long walks.

Thanks,
Lin
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Can anyone comment on living in Condochain?

Post by dtaai-maai »

While you're waiting for current info, you might try a search under +Condochain using the search function at the top right of the screen.

It's often used as a point of reference, but if you scroll through the results, you'll probably find some useful info.
This is the way
Vince & Lin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vince & Lin »

Thank you for the suggestion. I just now finished searching back 4 years and found that the quality of Condochain kept coming up as being pretty shabby. Although it is a matter of perspective.

I
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Isn't that where Richard lives - if so I'm sure he will be able to give you an honest view of the pros and cons.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Yes we do have a forum member that lives there and I am sure he will give you his opinion.
I think he is away at the moment so you may have to wait a while.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Vince & Lin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vince & Lin »

I appreciate your answers and look forward to hearing from Richard also.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

kendo wrote:Yes we do have a forum member that lives there and I am sure he will give you his opinion.

No sh*t there.....rest assured. :laugh:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

^ Thanks Spits :butt: :laugh:

Vince and Lin

Hi

I've lived in Condo Chain now for close on 6 years in 2 separate periods.

I can only give you my personal opinion of my living here and others on the forum may offer different views.

It is an old building but solid structurally, well maintained but may to some appear shabby. Functionally the condo is A1. Lifts, general maintenance, security (24/7), management and reception. The pool is clean, spacious and not over populated. The gym and table tennis room are OK but not state of the art gear. Water and electricity are reliable. The odd power outage but normally a warning is given.

Individual condos are a different matter and vary in state. Many are shabby and many have been renovated to high standards. Electricity and water charges are really dictated by who you are renting the unit from.

Location is excellent IMO. Maybe 3 minutes walk to the beach down a small soi with a couple of restaurants on the way. Nice piece of beach but sometimes hampered by surf boarders. Main road into town and beach walk is about 20 minutes. Beach walk is great as on the way you can stop off at the odd beach bar for a thirst quencher.

You mentioned 'sunrise'......excellent. As is sunset over the mountains to the west.

Of course the aspect north, south, east and west is going to depend on the condo you get. The higher (18 tops) the better. I'm 9 floors up and can view the gulf in the east, the centre of town in the north and the mountains in the west.

I'm not sure how to advise you as to how you get what you want. Reception will be able to help but ideally hit the managers office. Things have changed (TIT) and many of the best deals are done through agents and 'word of mouth'.

If you really are interested then PM me with time-span, budget figure and I'll talk to the people who live here that know.

:cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I need to bring over a new Yorkshire flag for my old mate to hang off his balcony the one he has is er, a little threadbare. :(
Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:I need to bring over a new Yorkshire flag for my old mate to hang off his balcony the one he has is er, a little threadbare. :(
Kendo. :cheers:
Now you've put Vince and Lin off telling them that Yorkshire folk lurk in the corridors of Condo Chain :laugh:

All flags welcome. Will even fly a Soton one if you want. Future SIL hails from there and is an avid supporter of SFC
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I agree with what Richard says above, I lived there for 18 months until a year ago. I would avoid getting one that faces South though, the heat on the balcony is unbearable during the day as can be confirmed by the number of massive beach umbrellas erected on the South side.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Vince & Lin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vince & Lin »

Thanks Pagey, good suggestion. We are on the 19th currently in Chaing Mai looking West and in July the heat was so intense I couldn't touch the glass doors!

Richard,
We appreciate all your info and tips. I am a bit confused about your description of walk to the beach. 3 minutes to the beach. And........ 20 minutes walk to the beach. Could you clarify please?

Also, we are happy to meet you when we are there and are sure to have more questions to pick your brain. I thought we had to stay away from agents like in the US, they remind me of used cars salesmen.....you never know what to believe!

Thanks again for the help on this forum!
Lin
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Vince & Lin wrote:Thanks Pagey, good suggestion. We are on the 19th currently in Chaing Mai looking West and in July the heat was so intense I couldn't touch the glass doors!

Richard,
We appreciate all your info and tips. I am a bit confused about your description of walk to the beach. 3 minutes to the beach. And........ 20 minutes walk to the beach. Could you clarify please?

Also, we are happy to meet you when we are there and are sure to have more questions to pick your brain. I thought we had to stay away from agents like in the US, they remind me of used cars salesmen.....you never know what to believe!

Thanks again for the help on this forum!
Lin
Sorry to confuse you

From the condo to the beach is 3 minutes
From the beach access point from the condo to the centre of the town it's 20 minutes using the beach
From the front of the condo using the main road it's 20 minutes to the town centre

So to go down town you have a choice of walking down the beach or walking down the main road :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Not a bad view....
8)
GN.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

looks familiar :wink: :wink:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY