Help from retired builder or person with building experience

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Markwiliams
Rookie
Rookie

Help from retired builder or person with building experience

Post by Markwiliams »

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help from someone in Hua Hin who is a retired builder or someone who has good experience with domestic builds. I've bought a house which is basically half completed. Work has been stopped for several years and there was no building permit.

We have used a local draftsman to make drawings and we have applied for the building permit which should be issued early next month.

I am ready to begin speaking to builders about quotations to complete. I don't have a bill of materials which I would like to have at time of speaking to builders. I have no experience in this. I'm basically looking to see if there is someone local who could help me with completing a bill of materials and give me advice on the project and advice on discussions with builders. Ideally a builder who will have no interest in the project apart from helping me with this. I am happy to pay for their time this.

Many thanks
Mark