Advice about my construction.

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Advice about my construction.

Post by wil_he »

This is a short message to Migrant, before I get into my topic.
" I mistakenly started this letter while reading your blog as it was closely connected. A genuine glitch on my part. My entry and my subsequent apology were promptly deleted. This act was not necessary and shows a lack of community spirit. All power to the writer, yes?"

Two months ago I bought a few rai of land at Nhong Yao and asked for your assistance in sourcing some building material like Gyprock plasterboard. Your help was marvellous and I found the stuff at Thai Watsadu.
I am now on a short holiday in Brisbane and have found a nice house design which I would like to use at Cha Am when I return in a few months time. My wife is very keen to have the project started b4 we get back, and she is quite friendly with the lady who arranged the land purchase for us. She is actually having some tree and fruit planting done for us at only cost to the farmer. I know she has the contacts to actually help us with the commencement of the project. but as mean old guy, I am not so confident about this. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED. Still looking for a builder who is comfortable with plasterboard, cornices and metal( colorbond roofing)roofing.
If we do get completion, there could be an "open house situation" over a week-end. Thanks guys. Wil
Big Boy

Re: Advice about my construction.

Post by Big Boy »

Your previous message was deleted because you were apologising for making a mistake - nothing more, nothing else.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Not questioning a mod's actions, of course, but I don't understand. Does this mean that posts containing nothing more than 'sorry' or 'thanks' are going to be deleted?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, when a post appears to have been made in error, it is deleted. I'm sure you've seen them when people post several times, then on several of the posts it has been edited to say something like 'Duplicated Post - Sorry', It is part of the moderator's task to delete such post in an attempt to keep the forum clean.

In the above example, the post bore no relation to the rest of the thread, so it was removed. You are often the first to complain when 10 post wonders post rubbish to get into the promised land. It is purely an on the spot moderator call when it happens. The OP's apology contained no hint that there was more to come. As the 'edit time limit' was up anyway, the post was removed.

If you wish to continue this conversation, please switch to PM rather than disrupt this thread further.

:offtopic: please
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

wil_he,
I am currently building a house with plasterboard/steel and colorbond roofing.

"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wil_he »

splitlid wrote:wil_he,

PM me for further details when you have 10 posts.

:cheers:
Thank you for sharing your knowledge,Sir splitlid.I will keep counting, and, hopefully, you will accommodate me when I get to the required level. By then, my project will have been completed.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

splitlid wrote:wil_he,

where was the advert????
I told him to pm me when he had 10 posts. NOTHING MORE.

[Admin edit: you cancelled all advertising for your construction/design business with us so please adhere to our t&cs on self promotion if you wish to continue using this forum.]
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"