Retaining Wall Price

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Jack&Fon
Novice
Novice

Retaining Wall Price

Post by Jack&Fon »

Hi, We need to install a retaining wall on our property. The wall is 42m's long and 110 cm's, slightly over 1 m, tall. I have read prices on this form for 2m walls at about 2000 bht per meter. Any idea what the price would be for a shorter wall that may require more steel and footings?

Thank you!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Retaining Wall Price

Post by crazy88 »

Hi Jack&Fon

Welome to the forum :thumb:

I assume as you need a retaining wall the ground is higher on one side? There are several types suitable for various applications. Gravity, piling, cantilever, anchored and the one that uses struts. You really need an engineer to look and advise suitable types and design.

http://www.aboutcivil.org/imajes/retain ... nction.jpg

Shows basic principles but not drainage etc.

I know several teams, given the schematics, that can build them.

Feel free to give me a call 0847177205.

Crazy 88
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I would be amazed if you could have a 2m high retaining wall built for 2000Baht/US$61 per linear meter, the material alone would cost more than that
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Think that price reflects only labor costs - raw materials are a seperate issue.
วินเชนท์
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I had a 2 metre high wall built three years ago and that cost 2500 per linear metre including rendering and painting. Although I'm sure you could find somebody to build it for less, you then run the risk of the builder looking to cut corners. I'd imagine that a one metre high wall would be about 1800 per metre.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

As posted by crazy88, there is a great difference between a boundry type wall, and a retaining wall, no matter what the height is.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Jack&Fon
Novice
Novice

Post by Jack&Fon »

Thank you everyone. It was unclear in the threads I read if labor and materials were included.

A cousin of Fon met with us today and said he would build the retaining wall for 2,000 bht per m, labor and materials. He showed us drawings, hand sketched but very legible, with some stays, steel/rebar, and footings for wall and stays. He also included two separate stair cases with landings to access lower level and several surface drains with clean outs. Being a relative, I think it may be necessary to accept. And, it seems like a good price given the information everyone shared.