2 Bedroom House Purchase

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
coolchang
Rookie
Rookie

2 Bedroom House Purchase

Post by coolchang »

Hi
Im a single guy and i am considering buying a small 2 bed house
Does anyone know of new housing projects catering for a small house build
Any location considered within 20 km of HH

Alternatively a good value condo

thanks
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: 2 Bedroom House Purchase

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum, there are many listed on our property database: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/
matthewnoel

Post by matthewnoel »

buy nothing.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Much better value to rent instead of purchase. Just divide the purchase price by the rent and see how many years your money will get you PLUS no hassles and maintenance or all other ownership issues. Flexibility is the key to happiness.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Or buy and enjoy your new home... Make it "your" home, build equity, never worry about landlord selling house out from under you... Maintenance is really cheap here, so that isn't a real concern... I would recommend you rent a while to see what area you feel would suit your life style... We spent a year lookin deciding on what and where we wanted... We are very happy with our choice... I feel home ownership is a good thing, not all agree.... Being single, meaning no Thai wife, then ownership isn't as straight forward.. A good agent can explain your options there... A condo is a straight forward purchase as you don't own the land, so no issue with buying as a foreigner... Good luck in your search!!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
coolchang
Rookie
Rookie

Post by coolchang »

To all of you
Nany thanks for your thoughts
I am now considering renting for 6 months
Then decide

Once again thanks
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

There is never good advice without knowing the person's full circumstances. Never buy is good advice for some, in other cases buying is the only sensible option. I have bought and own ( with my wife) two properties and renting is not be an option until I retire.

Do your homework based on your circumstances and then decide what to do. You will often find "shoot at the hip" advice backed on a posters individual circumstances or experience. It's not a case of one size fits all, as some would post and have you believe.

If new to the area... Ponder a while, rent somewhere and decide later but don't make a decision until you are sure it fits with what you want. Like everything in life that you have to decide, there are pros and cons.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain