Builder in Petchaburi warning

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Builder in Petchaburi warning

Post by boilerman »

hi there folks new old boy here bought land and in process of having house built in petchaburi and have come across a dangerous and violent builder / company to be avoided at all costs (he actually beat the crap out of me over dispute where we callid in inspector) :twisted: (he also apparently works in hua hin etc) obviously cannot say more here but will gladly pass on history and name etc in private.

thanks for opportunity to warn others
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Re: building in petchaburi warning

Post by boilerman »

hello someone tried to private message me for information relating to my post but aparantly i cannot yet read or answer it my apologies.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Is the builder local or an expat? I've only heard of two builders in the past that actually physically beat on a customer in Hua Hin and they were both British expats. Wondering if one of them moved to Petchaburi.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Boilerman, you need 10 posts before you can use the private message facility.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Builder in Petchaburi warning

Post by Lev »

Please take note of forum T&Cs ...
We welcome general discussion on property related issues but will not permit the posting of specific information that may be defamatory or used as part of a legal dispute at a later date. This includes but is not restricted to the names of real estate companies, developers, owners, photographs or republication of private messages or email. What is permitted will be so at our sole discretion, this forum is not a platform for property disputes.
In order to prevent self promotion, spam and abuse we have turned off the signature, private message functions, and link posting for new members. Once ten posts have been made these functions will be automatically activated, please don't ask about PMs on the board, it is a security setting in the software that cannot be disabled.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

so tell us more about your story without IDing the perps.
Thai or Expat?
how much money did you lose?
are you in the hospital?
What are you going to do now?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boilerman »

long long story we bought the land in sampraya rd the builder in question only lived round the block he was a thai and had several building contracts going.

i am a bit of a conservationist and designed a bungalow with underground rain water storage that was to be recycled tho showers then again to toilets then again to gardens etc. it was a project to eventually be a small holiday resort with abt 10 bungalows , swimming pool etc where i could retire and still potter abt doing the maintenance etc.

builder was v friendly at start and we always paid up front (30kgbp) to date however we slowly realised his work wasn't up to standard especially the electrics, the welding on the roof and the tiling, we eventually got a building inspector in who told us not to give the builder the final 1kgbp as the house would need abt 10kgbp spent to bring it up to standard. he also gave us a letter of contract cancellation to give to the builder.

the last straw was when the builder made a steel sliding gate 6 mtr long by 2 mtr high with cement board infill. it took 4 men to lift it onto the sliding runners. (incidentally the inspector also condemned it as unsafe) it also had a separate steel gate for pedestrians alongside.

when my 4 year old son went to open the gate on his way to school, the whole gate broke off the support hinges and all due to chicken shit welding onto red oxide rather than to clean metal.
this gate then fell on me and my son severely bruising me and if i didn't find the god given strength to push it off my son would have probably injured him fatally. after this my thai wife phoned the builder telling him about the inspectors comments and the fact that we did not want him to continue on the site. later that evening he turned up with his wife/supervisor and adult son asking for the broken hinges to replace on the broken gate. i refused saying they were for the inspector. whereupon he proceeded to hammer the crap out of me and his son picked up a digging blade and attacked me with it. (my wife was out at the time and the builder knew this) i then ranb for my life to a neighbour who called the police. they didn't seem that interested unless i paid them to come out.. so all in all this anal cavity has turned my dreams into a nightmare, if hes going to try to kill me for a grand, what will he do when we take him for the 40 k my lawyer says hes asking for
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boilerman »

as to the hospital query i had to go to the government hospital in thailand but also to hospital back here in uk the problem is that the thai legal system wont take any medical documents from the uk hospital in respects to my case against the builder
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

The guy has the nerve to ask for 40k more after what he has done and you already paid him 30k. :shock:
There are some really messed up Thais out there, this country is FUBAR.
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boilerman »

guru its our lawyer that is asking for 40k damages from the builder lol
im ok now but we bought loads of special gear for the house like 7 mow automatic changeover starting generator etc etc and now we aint gonna live there
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boilerman »

that should have read 7 kilowatt diesel self starting and automatic backup generator
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

boilerman wrote:guru its our lawyer that is asking for 40k damages from the builder lol
im ok now but we bought loads of special gear for the house like 7 mow automatic changeover starting generator etc etc and now we aint gonna live there

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post.
boilerman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boilerman »

no problem so now we gonna stop project and he's lost a small fortune in work as we would have used him for everything,we tried to be fair, didn't even ask for second quote etc., we would have just got another builder to complete but for the violence now my wife wants to take it all the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Boilerman do you ride a motorcycle.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Boilerman, it seems you got stung.

Thailand is riddled with cowboy builders, developers and agents as the UK was some years ago.

I've never been through the process except a small project in Isaan but that was done by the family. However, if I was going to venture down that route I'd make sure the builder had a proven track record and would certainly approach all his previous customers to ascertain whether he was any good at his job.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.