Preparing a building site.

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Preparing a building site.

Post by wil_he »

Looking for an estimated cost of raising the building area before construction begins.Land is flat,not known as a flood area,and the building dimensions will be 13x21 metres.
I want to know a ball-park figure so I will know if I am being done over. :?
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Re: Preparing a building site.

Post by splitlid »

how much do you want to raise the land by?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Cost per 'kiu' (I believe is 1 cubic meter) is anywhere from 500 to 800 baht per load. There has been a new law passed that does not allow loads to cross jangwat boundaries so you may have a problem getting landfill unless it's off your land or nearby.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

I have just put soil on 1Rai of level land. The lorry capacity was I believe 10 cubic metre, but were not full to the brim and it took 80 lorry loads. The soil was very good quality and when I checked with various suppliers the price was 1000 baht per lorry load minimum ( for poor quality) and 1,200 for the soil I purchased.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wil_he »

Thanks for the helpful input so quickly.

I envisage the house area to be about 13 metres wide and 21 metres long.Flat land,not a swamp area.Thinking that the land should be built up about 50 centimetres I expect the spread area to be a bit bigger than the house,so I am looking at about 17 metres by 26 metres of soil.
The property is on Nhong Yao road and I suspect the soil will be available locally.
Hope this helps to come up with a figure. Looking forward to some advice.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

splitlid wrote:how much do you want to raise the land by?
.....and after it is filled isn't there a general rule to let it sit at least 3 months to settle before putting in a foundation? Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

wil_he wrote:Thanks for the helpful input so quickly.

I envisage the house area to be about 13 metres wide and 21 metres long.Flat land,not a swamp area.Thinking that the land should be built up about 50 centimetres I expect the spread area to be a bit bigger than the house,so I am looking at about 17 metres by 26 metres of soil.
The property is on Nhong Yao road and I suspect the soil will be available locally.
Hope this helps to come up with a figure. Looking forward to some advice.
If it's completely Virgin land, it's fairly normal to raise the level by one metre, they do this to help reduce the impact of rising damp, because as you no doubt know, it's not normal to put a damp-proof course in here in Thailand. So even allowing for it being one metre high rather than half, you're still only looking at just over 300 cu. mtr of soil, so should be no more than about 30,000 baht, but you may want to raise the surrounding area a bit as well, so factor that into the equation.
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wil_he »

Thanks Dannie Boy for the information.Will take your advice and go for 1 metre.Sounds very cheap at the price.
wil_he
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wil_he »

Am I now able to ask anyone's help to locate a contractor for delivery and setup of the area to be built up? I have decided to elevate an area approx. 20x30x 1 metre.I am trying to arrange this while I am still out of town,but wanting it put in before the rainy season starts.Once again,thankful for any advice.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Raise your land up as far as you intend to construct your boundary wall.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.