Cheapest property in the best area

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Cheapest property in the best area

Post by dennism53 »

If you believe in the saying..."buy the cheapest property in the best area" where would you buy?

I am more interested in the property and the area than the house. I'm willing to spend 2-3 million Baht to update a house so a fixer-upper isn't an issue.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: Cheapest property in the best area

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There are a number of houses on Palm Hills requiring some TLC which are being sold at a considerable discount. Depends on your budget before renovation.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Need to put your feet on the ground and do some of your own research. Can't get the information from afar that you need to make an intelligent decision.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:There are a number of houses on Palm Hills requiring some TLC which are being sold at a considerable discount. Depends on your budget before renovation.
Yes I heard of one yesterday, reduced from 45 million to only 29 million - out of most people's budget.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

and the gentle reminder that you can buy (OWN) the house but you cannot OWN the land...are you married to a Thai?

you need to come here and see the hundreds of unfinished and or empty houses with weeds in the front yard and empty condos...

there is a entire unfinished housing development for sale on soi 112... i think four houses and about 14 empty building sites...

make them a offer.

land in HH is way expensive. they want 110,000,000 baht for a lot down the street.

two or three million baht buys a 32 sq meter condo with a parking lot view on the ground floor.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

here is land in your price range, 2 mil baht:

http://www.propertyhuahin.net/viewprope ... pe=L&for=S

about 15 km south of down town HH.

This area is really nice.

If a Farang could own land here I would buy a nice lot like this and build a house. But no can.

only two houses listed in your price range, one in Cha Am about 30 minutes drive North of HH.

http://www.propertyhuahin.net/viewprope ... pe=H&for=S

edit: i think i miss read your post. you say you have 2-3 mi to spend on fixing the house up? what is your budget for buying the house?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Dannie Boy wrote:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:There are a number of houses on Palm Hills requiring some TLC which are being sold at a considerable discount. Depends on your budget before renovation.
Yes I heard of one yesterday, reduced from 45 million to only 29 million - out of most people's budget.
Your assumption that all houses on Palm Hills for sale are 20 million + is wrong.

My post was based on facts not hearsay.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
Your assumption that all houses on Palm Hills for sale are 20 million + is wrong.

My post was based on facts not hearsay.
Im sure they do have some reasonably priced properties there, but they also have some very expensive ones too and the "hearsay" came from a reliable source, so I have no reason to doubt it.
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dennism53 »

Thanks for all the input.

Some background I should have noted on my first post. Have been traveling to Thailand for 25 years, I once lived in Krabi on Phi Phi (pre tsunami) wife is from Issan and will be retiring in just about 1 year. Have visited Hua Hin a number of times as a holiday but never thought it would be the area the wife and I would settle in so I never looked at it that way!

All in budget +/- 8k Baht, land building and repairs/upgrades.

Really looking for areas you guys would be comfortable living in and those areas you would shy from. Just trying to narror the search down and really eliminate areas.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

8k baht? Surely you mean 8m...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

Buy in the area around Pranburi, Pak Nam Pran, Khao Khalok, Sam Roi Yot beach. Land prices are a lot cheaper than Hua Hin and for THB 8m you could buy 2 rai of land in your wifes name and build a stunning house close to the lovely beaches. Alternatively there are some really good quality new builds down here that start around 5m, for 8m you would get a large house on a plot of about 700m2.