Thai wife buying land

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Thai wife buying land

Post by HHTel »

I Know this is not a divorce topic. However, the question was how to buy land via his Thai wife. The answer to that is very very simple. As a Thai, she can buy land and I'm sure she knows the procedures. Reading between the lines I think migrant was conerned about the implications or why post the question!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote:I Know this is not a divorce topic. However, the question was how to buy land via his Thai wife. The answer to that is very very simple. As a Thai, she can buy land and I'm sure she knows the procedures. Reading between the lines I think migrant was conerned about the implications or why post the question!
Sorry HHTel, nothing between the lines. My wife has been here in the states over 20 years so neither of us were familiar with the procedure. Buksida's comments were helpful and what I was looking for
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
ExpatJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ExpatJohn »

This has gone down the wrong road. I just in passing mentioned the Bangkok Post video on land ownership and the prat falls and how I found it interesting. Wish I could find the link. My regrets..John
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The BS land office
Is that Bang Saphan or B... S... land office, or I suspect both. :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

This new law was actually put in place to protect foreigners from being ripped off!

It's very simple at Pranburi land office if both attend, sign the papers and in/out in an hour or two. Have seen it done a couple of times and nothing 'questionable' took place. Maybe we are starting to see a change as I just did a new blue book and again nothing was requested except a voluntary donation to a local charity.