maintenance arrears for condo purchased on auction

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
domdom
Novice
Novice

maintenance arrears for condo purchased on auction

Post by domdom »

Hello,

There is a lot of maintenance arrears on a condo we purchased on auction.. One lawyer says they can ask us only 5 years maintenance arrears, another one says the management can claim for full amount with penalties etc..
Would anyone have the right answer, with the legal text applying to the subject ??
Second thing, I read in condominium act that the compbound interests are not allowed which changes a lot the amount to pay..
As an example.. 10.000 bahts for the first 5th year arrear gives 2000 bahts for 20th interest rate.. then would it be after 5 years 10.000 + (5x2000) = 20.000.. or would it be 12.000 for first year, then for second year 20% of 12.000 which is in total 14.400 then 3rd year 14.400 + 20% etc.. ??
Thanks a lot
Have a nice sunday
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: maintenance arrears for condo purchased on auction

Post by JamesWest »

i can't help you with any of this but i am interested in where the auction is held. if you have a minute can can give details. good luck. i am interested in seeing how this turns out for you. thanks.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I have no idea but my other half will probably know the answer because she's in that line of work. I'll ask her later and post whatever answer I get.

Either way, good luck. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

You have purchased a condo at auction and have the contract (did you not examine it in some detail prior to the auction?) and have visited with two different lawyers and now come on to the forum to get the answers to your questions?

No one here is going to know those answers as your specific contract will be the guide. Getting two different answers from two different lawyers about contract law is not that strange but I think I'd be asking lawyer #1 how is it that his answer differs from lawyer #2 - and vice versa.

Good luck indeed.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

When I sold my condo last year I had to supply the land office with a clearance certificate from the juristic person at the condo to show there were no outstanding debts. Have you been to the land office and registered the condo in your name ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.