Buy a condo, get 20 year visa

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Bamboo Grove

Buy a condo, get 20 year visa

Post by Bamboo Grove »

From Bangkok coconuts. No prices of the condos mentioned, wonder how this will succeed.

Buyers at Kingdom Property’s Pattaya Southpoint development will be entitled to a 20-year visa, which amounts to five-year, multiple-entry visas which can be renewed every four years.

The visa will entitle its holders to benefits including fast-track immigration clearance, assistance with driving licences, discounts and a bilingual helpline.

“The long-stay solution will overcome many of the barriers that we see when selling our properties overseas. Generally unless you have a business visa, retirement visa or marriage visa, you are not permitted to stay for any length of time,” Nigel Cornick, Chief Executive Officer of Kingdom Property said. “This exciting partnership is akin to Malaysia’s My Second Home (MM2H) program and has massive potential.”

The visa will come as part of the purchase of a unit at Southpoint and owners can sell the unit and the visa together if they wish.

“The target demographic for this initiative is very wide,” Cornick added.

The Thailand property-with-visa initiative is only applicable to Kingdom’s Southpoint project now, but given the possible impact on overseas buyers, it may not be too long before other Thailand property developers adopt similar initiatives for their developments.

The promotion is made possible by Thailand Elite, which is fully owned by The Tourism Authority of Thailand, which, in turn, is under the control of the Thai government.

“As part of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, this exclusive club has access to privileges that money alone cannot buy,” its website explains. “Thailand Elite is the world's first country membership programme with benefit for immigration, leisure, business, and much more.”

Cornick predicted the plan would make property in Thailand more attractive to overseas buyers.

“The fact Thailand Elite is working with Kingdom Property is a sign of confidence in itself,” he said.

Southpoint Pattaya is a two-tower freehold condominium in Pratumnak. It boasts 655 units ranging in size from 30sqm to 97sqm. Completion will be in the second quarter of 2016.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Buy a condo, get 20 year visa

Post by europtimiste »

He also advertised on facebook. A crook. No legal base.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

europtimiste wrote:
He also advertised on facebook
Whom do you mean "he"? If the owner of the website of Coconuts, I've seen this on some other webpages as well, such as lovepattayathailand. I'm not saying this will be a successful thing or whatever, just wondering whom do you single out here.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Bamboo Grove: I mean the person or company who promise this, of course, should be simple to understand, or ? Unless you feel yourself involved in this.....
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Europtimiste, of course I am involved, I'm the one building this condo. Pardon me my French but I usually think of one person, when someone uses the word "he", not a company. Anyway, I got your point now so no need to dwell on this particular problem any more.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Oh, Europtimiste,

Words fail me.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

HHTel wrote:Oh, Europtimiste,

Words fail me.
I agree. Listen, you optimistic guy! If you continue posting nonsense like you seemingly like to do, I will personally ban you from this board.
Please don't consider this as a warning. It is a promise.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

europtimiste wrote:A crook. No legal base.
:agree:
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Statement of facts: Revealing the truth is a crime........
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

the question is of course what was the cost of the condo before the visa offer was added to the mix?

i don't think i would like to tie up 2,000,000 baht / $60,000 USD for a elite membership unless I was very young, needed the visa to stay and had a ton of money. but if you have that kind of money, you are not going to come to Thailand to live, and not in a tiny condo.

at these rates, you can buy a condo in fort lauderdale, florida, in spain, or LAND in Vietnam.

and looking ahead, lets say you are fifty and are going to stay in Thailand until you die of old age.

so twenty years from now, at 70, you have to start going to immigration again and stand in line? :)

assuming thailand has not been invaded by China by then.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

" or LAND in Vietnam."

Not quite true. The law which comes into force next month has many restrictions and one of them is that you don't own the land.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

JamesWest wrote:the question is of course what was the cost of the condo before the visa offer was added to the mix?

i don't think i would like to tie up 2,000,000 baht / $60,000 USD for a elite membership unless I was very young, needed the visa to stay and had a ton of money. but if you have that kind of money, you are not going to come to Thailand to live, and not in a tiny condo.

at these rates, you can buy a condo in fort lauderdale, florida, in spain, or LAND in Vietnam.

and looking ahead, lets say you are fifty and are going to stay in Thailand until you die of old age.

so twenty years from now, at 70, you have to start going to immigration again and stand in line? :)

assuming thailand has not been invaded by China by then.
:agree:
There's so many other places that are better than Thailand if you have the money.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Also, the next General that takes over the country could simply scrap the Elite card scheme if he doesn't approve of it.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact