Info on Seacraze Condos?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Info on Seacraze Condos?

Post by Hahuahin »

Is there anyone on Huahinforum who live at or have information about the Seacraze condominium, i.e. building quality, responsibility for maintenance, area surrounding the condominium, pool and gym maintenance, are people who live there mostly owners of the condos or is the condos mostly investment projects and then rented out again for vacations and long stayers, etc.

Thank you
Hahuahin
Skmly
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Info on Seacraze Condos?

Post by Skmly »

Hello

I have a unit in the Seacraze. Mainly the units are rented out by investors/ owners which returns very good money. However some of the clientele leave a lot to be desired in terms of breaking things in friends units which wouldn't seem possible. They also have a very lax hygiene when it comes to showering before entering the pool and other very suspect habits which I find more than irritating. This Group are obvious to a bystander.

In general there are many European visitors who return year after year.

In terms of building maintenance an annual fee applies to 90% of the people who have a concience and the buildings gardens and pool are kept up together. Security is 24 hour with good access for parking. This year is the last time I will stand by and let the 10% get away with it. Already proposed to cut off water and electric supplies to those units. Totally unfair.

As an investment they are a sound return on your money if marketed properly. I prefer out of season visits as a personal note. Hope this helps
When you are dead,you don't know you are dead,it is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Skmly wrote:Hello

I have a unit in the Seacraze. Mainly the units are rented out by investors/ owners which returns very good money. However some of the clientele leave a lot to be desired in terms of breaking things in friends units which wouldn't seem possible. They also have a very lax hygiene when it comes to showering before entering the pool and other very suspect habits which I find more than irritating. This Group are obvious to a bystander.

In terms of building maintenance an annual fee applies to 90% of the people who have a concience and the buildings gardens and pool are kept up together. Security is 24 hour with good access for parking. This year is the last time I will stand by and let the 10% get away with it. Already proposed to cut off water and electric supplies to those units. Totally unfair.

As an investment they are a sound return on your money if marketed properly. I prefer out of season visits as a personal note. Hope this helps
would you be willing to say what return you are getting expressed as a precentage?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

There are also some very attractive Russian ladies there with .....how shall I put this ....no visible means of support!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Skmly wrote:Hello

Thank you for a quick and informative reply. I can understand your frustration with the lack of pool hygiene and sorry to hear it, because as a previous competitive swimmer the pool is one of the most attractive points with Seacraze for me to sign a contract with a relative expensive monthly rent after Thai standards. However, the lack of pool hygiene seems for me to be a general problem in Thailand and that many consider the pool to be a personal bath tube. :shock:
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Thinking about my last sentence above and all the swimming pools I have seen and used in most places I have visited I was a bit unfair to Thailand and I would like to edit the sentence to: the lack of pool hygiene seems for me to be a general problem many places in the world and also in Thailand and that many seems to consider a swimming pool to be a personal bath tube. :shock:
domino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by domino »

I have owned 2 Condos in Phuket and 2 Condos in Hua Hin.
I live permanently at Seacraze Condo with my wife.
It is by far the best property I have owned in Thailand. 24 hr security are amazing, constantly patrolling, minimum of 2 staff at the entrance at all times.
On site management are also excellent. The office is staffed by at least 5 people every day. Very efficient. Technicians always available if required.
The team of cleaners and gardners are also excellent. The place really is immaculate. No No issues whatsoever and we have lived here for a year.
If you rent out your condo, as with anywhere, be particular regarding your tenant and get a deposit up front.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Good Info !
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

domino wrote:I have owned 2 Condos in Phuket and 2 Condos in Hua Hin.
I live permanently at Seacraze Condo with my wife.
It is by far the best property I have owned in Thailand. 24 hr security are amazing, constantly patrolling, minimum of 2 staff at the entrance at all times.
On site management are also excellent. The office is staffed by at least 5 people every day. Very efficient. Technicians always available if required.
The team of cleaners and gardners are also excellent. The place really is immaculate. No No issues whatsoever and we have lived here for a year.
If you rent out your condo, as with anywhere, be particular regarding your tenant and get a deposit up front.
Thank you for the information. I allow me a few more questions and would be great if you could answer! Is the electricity grounded all over Seacraze property or is this a individual choice to the owners of each condo?
What is the practise for garbage removal from the condo? Do each condo have their own post-box at the entrance/ reception or is post to the residents delivered as bulk at the entrance/reception?

Thanks
Hahuahin.
domino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by domino »

Not sure regarding electricity being grounded, never had any problems.
Garbage room on each floor, emptird twice a day, 3 bins in each, very clean.
Every block has individual letter boxes outside the lift, secured with your own key lock.
Mail is delivered to reception then staff deliver to your letter box same day. Never had a problem. This is the only way in a condo otherwise it would take the postman hours.
Electric is billed directly from electric company which is great. You pay the cheapest rate and can pay at 7/11. Many condos set their own rate which is always inflated.
Skmly
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skmly »

I have to agree with Domino.

I have owned a few property's in Thailand. It's the best of the bunch despite the obvious dirty people who are the same the world over. It's also regimented pretty well by the management company despite the lack of 100% fees paid.

If you are considering a unit to buy look at ownersdirect there are several units rented well for the bulk of the high season provided you pitch the price to suit.

Yes vet your renters I have had many request for 6-7 people sharing a 2 bed? You just know they are going to extract the urine.

Best of luck. Bahtsold had a few for purchase last time I looked.
When you are dead,you don't know you are dead,it is difficult only for the others.

Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Great info, Thanks! Btw, how is Seacraze affected in the periods other areas in HuaHin have water shortage?
Regards
Hahuahin
Skmly
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skmly »

Ha HuaHin

Can't say I've stayed for an entire period of a year at the condo even though I've been visiting various spots for 18 years. At the house in 102 we had a few times when the juice would be cut. I bought some black dustbins and filled them regular. Thai style showers were at bit fruity in the cold winters but at least I'd go to bed clean. Best of luck with the purchase have a good look at the building orientation to the sun up/ set. The afternoons are a bit savage if your direct to it. There is a unit I know for sale by someone I know.PM me I'll try to find out his contact details Those chicks are not alone by the way. The heavy mob shows up on weekends by the bus full. You can guess what and where they have been. It's about time immigration had a look at them