The Phuket property nightmare (Could be anywhere)

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: The Phuket property nightmare (Could be anywhere)

Post by Lev »

GLC, nanyang, your childish name calling has been deleted - STAY OFF THIS THREAD if you have nothing constructive to contribute, you have both already been warned.

:offtopic:
yahboo
Novice
Novice

Post by yahboo »

I guess i am abit late to post since most posts are dated a few years back.

I feel very badly for the people in the article.

Now here is my view on most of the posts. Everyone has such a western focus. Lets say it was reversed, the thais are wealthier and they are visiting your country for a romp because its so cheap and basically the tourist can take advantaged of the lack of wealth in your country (you can defined this in the same way tourists come to Thailand). How would you feel regarding any incidents to the foreigner?

The Farangs who have younger Thai wives or girlfriends -- how were there luck finding younger women in their home countries or western countries? For the Thais women there is a lack of opportunities to really improve their lives other than to marry someone they may not love. What I am saying its kind of predatory so don't make it sound like it was love at first sight. What choice do Thai women have -- recognize this.

Foreigners do settle in western countries and they do marry local women. However, they are protected by Western marital law. What are the rights of a Thai women who wishes to divorce a farang if they dont own any property and most of the farang's assets are abroad? What if there was a law similar to western countries like in the US (absent prenup)? How many farangs r going to marry then? What if there was a prearranged negotiated settlement prior to marriage? Abit different. Without these protections, you will continue to see cruel incidences. Also, we dont know how the victims have treated their thai counterparts.

GET real if you think any govt will allow wealthier foreigners to come in and buy property (best properties too) when the average thai cant even afford it. Again, think if it was the reverse for your home country. What benefit do you think it would serve the local thai if they protected the foreigner versus the local Thai? In western countries, the local citizens can afford to buy homes. The govt should protect the foreigner because it would drive the property value higher?

BTW, I know alot of people happily married to foreign wives. One, they tend not to be predatory -- not a huge age difference. Two, they treat their wives like real marriage partners back home (protect their future). Dont marry anyone you are not willing to share your wealth with.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

"GET real if you think any govt will allow wealthier foreigners to come in and buy property (best properties too) when the average thai cant even afford it. Again, think if it was the reverse for your home country. What benefit do you think it would serve the local thai if they protected the foreigner versus the local Thai? In western countries, the local citizens can afford to buy homes. The govt should protect the foreigner because it would drive the property value higher?"
This is exactly what has happened in Australia, wealthy Chinese have come in and driven the property prices sky high, well beyond the means of local people.

Also this thread is about being nastily ripped of by a Thai wife, not government rules on property ownership
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
yahboo
Novice
Novice

Post by yahboo »

Not exactly the same situation as in Thailand with the chinese and alot of other places. I think you know that.

You still dont get it. A predator gets taken as a prey.
yahboo
Novice
Novice

Post by yahboo »

SteveP....reread my original post. It was about more than your narrow interpretation

"Also this thread is about being nastily ripped of by a Thai wife, not government rules on property ownership" according to a FARANG's view.

like i said if the chinese and thais or middle easterner were romping thru Australia like the farangs are doing in Thailand, I dont think the Aussies would be too happy. The Thais are much more tolerant.

Farangs like that fact the thai woman have few rights and opportunities. Dont get any sympathy from the govt or local thais.

Lets call a spade a spade. A predator got taken.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

yahboo wrote:SteveP....reread my original post. It was about more than your narrow interpretation

"Also this thread is about being nastily ripped of by a Thai wife, not government rules on property ownership" according to a FARANG's view.

like i said if the chinese and thais or middle easterner were romping thru Australia like the farangs are doing in Thailand, I dont think the Aussies would be too happy. The Thais are much more tolerant.

Farangs like that fact the thai woman have few rights and opportunities. Dont get any sympathy from the govt or local thais.

Lets call a spade a spade. A predator got taken.
Then maybe the government should do more to protect and educate Thai women. :|
We foreigners don't make the Laws here in Thailand.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

StevePIraq wrote:"GET real if you think any govt will allow wealthier foreigners to come in and buy property (best properties too) when the average thai cant even afford it. Again, think if it was the reverse for your home country. What benefit do you think it would serve the local thai if they protected the foreigner versus the local Thai? In western countries, the local citizens can afford to buy homes. The govt should protect the foreigner because it would drive the property value higher?"
This is exactly what has happened in Australia, wealthy Chinese have come in and driven the property prices sky high, well beyond the means of local people.

Also this thread is about being nastily ripped of by a Thai wife, not government rules on property ownership
Same situation in the U.S.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

& UK
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18