Buying a house in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Re: Buying a house in Hua Hin

Post by T.I.G.R. »

HHTel says: Well in my experience, I've never come across anyone who has lost out in the courts unless by agreement in the arbitration period. Any lawyer worth his salt will tell you that it doesn't matter whether you're white, brown, yellow or sky blue. The law is the same.

I say B.S. Not in Thailand, sorry to say. Our "arbitration period" lasted about twenty seconds in open court, not even in a different room. When I refused the defendant lawyer's offer of "nothing" the arbitration ended. Later we received less than half of the money we had faithfully paid under contract for a piece of land. Guess who got to keep the rest.

This was after a different full hearing before the Board of Consumer Affairs the prior year.....the results of which we were never informed of. Seems the case got lost somewhere in Bangkok. after the defendant admitted openly in the hearing that she had no intention of providing a Chanote, even though she admitted being paid for it.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Buying a house in Hua Hin

Post by crazy88 »

T.I.G.R.

Sorry you hear about your bad experience. Too many such stories.

I am not rubbing salt into a wound but offering advice to others.

I have purchased multiple plots of land and sold many . When I buy I simply verify the paperwork and agree the price In writing. I have staff to do this. My staff have good connections at the land office so the process is very quick. Submit the paperwork and make an appointment for the following morning. I do not pay any deposit I simply draw the cash from the bank and sit with the owner having a cold drink outside. When the title deed comes out in the correct name I hand over the cash. On a couple of occasions for large amounts I simply stayed at the bank and waited for a phone call before handing over the cash to the owners rep.

Crazy 88
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I would say that the chanote is everything. No chanote, no money!