Housing projects /estates

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
nellyp

Housing projects /estates

Post by nellyp »

I am trying to find a list of housing estates (similar to La Vallee and its smaller cousins), that either have amenities (swimming pool etc) or not. I am basically looking for places to look to rent a property without going through an agent. If anybody has such a list or can simplky supply a name, I would be grateful if you could add it here so I can go and take a look.

Cheers
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Re: Housing projects /estates

Post by Green Nomad »

Hello nellyp,,

I have a place available soon in a development,,send me a pm and we can 'discuss'..
GN
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

As a Yorkshire Man I understand that you want to not give the agent his 10 % , but sometimes you have to put a value on your time and experience! You might spend ages trolling about on your scooter when the perfect ( for you) property is on their books! That time could be more usefully used on the beach or chasing young play mates!!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
paul406

Post by paul406 »

There may be some places to rent at the Heights, on the left side 1km up from the Big C.
it has a total of 39 homes, community pool and some with pools at the home.
I have a house there i can rent but it all depends on length of stay and when you are interested in moving in.
Paul
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Where on earth people get the impression that the tenant pays the agent I do not know. The owner pays the agent to take care of the property and the tenants needs as they arise. Off to check an electric circuit this morning after the recent storm. Tell me a private owner is going to do that for you when they are not even in the country and do not speak Thai/ know any reliable and qualified tradespeople.

Anyway I work for an agency so will be of no interest to the OP but am in a good mood so here are a few suggestions where you will see signs on gates (Mainly agents but some owners)

Tippawan 4/5 Samorphrong

Tropical hill 1/2 Samorphrong

Smarthouse Nongpranpuk

The Lees soi 88

Avenue 88 soi 88 Townhouses

Sunshine mountain 1/2/3/4 soi Monmae

There are so many more. Just drive around. Bear in mind that if you ask at a bar or restaurant they will be on an agents commission without doing anything for it in most cases other than an introduction.

You could always try the classifieds on here

Crazy 88
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

It is right that the owner pays the agent, but usually he asks for a higher rent to cover these costs.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Pitsch

Crazy 88
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I know it from my own experience about 7 years ago. First I tried two agencies and then I got a house through private recommendation, which was about 30% cheaper for a very similar house.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Why did I get a warning? I was not trying to advertise. Quite the opposite sending someone to look around by themselves and recommending the classifieds on this site.

As it seems ok for others to post their houses for rent then I guess a private sale is ok? In which case I can design and build a house that would sell around here way lower than current market price.

Crazy 88

[Mod comment: classifieds rules for those that are still unsure:
Property Classifieds
We welcome classifieds for private properties for sale or rent (no agents or developers please). Please contact us for rates and payment details if you want to advertise your real estate business.

crazy88 wrote:
Anyway I work for an agency so will be of no interest to the OP
Crazy 88

]
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Yes I work for an agency. However the OP was quite clear they do not want to deal with an agent so I sent them a few pointers where they may find something at their own risk regarding deposits etc.

Did not post contact details of myself or the company. PM is controlled on such matters I believe.

I must say, however, that Genova in soi 88 does the best pizza and pasta I have had in this town over 12 years. No affiliation whatsoever just a regular customer. Is that allowed?

Crazy 88
BrianT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BrianT »

crazy88 wrote:Where on earth people get the impression that the tenant pays the agent I do not know. The owner pays the agent to take care of the property and the tenants needs as they arise. Off to check an electric circuit this morning after the recent storm. Tell me a private owner is going to do that for you when they are not even in the country and do not speak Thai/ know any reliable and qualified tradespeople.

Anyway I work for an agency so will be of no interest to the OP but am in a good mood so here are a few suggestions where you will see signs on gates (Mainly agents but some owners)

Tippawan 4/5 Samorphrong

Tropical hill 1/2 Samorphrong

Smarthouse Nongpranpuk

The Lees soi 88

Avenue 88 soi 88 Townhouses

Sunshine mountain 1/2/3/4 soi Monmae

There are so many more. Just drive around. Bear in mind that if you ask at a bar or restaurant they will be on an agents commission without doing anything for it in most cases other than an introduction.

You could always try the classifieds on here

Crazy 88
That's interesting, I was also under the impression that the tenant pays the agent. Thanks for the info:)